Are there prop guards for the PV?

Reaction score
I bought some prop guards.....but the seem short, I am assuming they were for the P1.

Anyone know if there are ones for the PV yet? Haven't seen online yet.

People who have put V1 prop guards on the Vision have reported that in a tip-over when taking-off or landing on concrete or similar the guards provide just enough clearance to prevent a blade strike against the ground (the angles just about work). A head-on into a wall or branch would still strike the prop tips. I'm sure there will be some specific Vision-sized ones produced by unofficial manufacturers soon enough (if they aren't already out there).

Just got mine today. Seem decent. Not much to em..glad to have the extra protection.

I few with em on today. Fit well and seem light. I haven't weighed em but they don't seem to effect fight at all. They came relatively quick too considering they are coming from China. Here a couple pics.

James

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 6.51.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 6.51.50 PM.png
    493.8 KB · Views: 628
  • Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 6.51.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 6.51.41 PM.png
    478.1 KB · Views: 659
  • Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 7.05.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 7.05.38 PM.png
    585.5 KB · Views: 705
JustJames said:
I few with em on today. Fit well and seem light. I haven't weighed em but they don't seem to effect fight at all. They came relatively quick too considering they are coming from China. Here a couple pics.

James

How much work to install/uninstall for fitting the PV in the case?

-slinger

gunslinger said:
How much work to install/uninstall for fitting the PV in the case?

-slinger

It takes a little time as you have to remove 2 stock screws from each motor and install the guards with 2 longer screws that come with the guards. Then reverse to uninstall.
I plan to use mine only in an area where there are a lot of trees.

Paul

2 screws per end. Not the worst thing in the world but it takes a bit to fly. The worst part is making sure you don't drop the tiny screws!

James

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers