Are there first person viewing options for the P3S?

I knew we all were talking about the P3S, that's what I own myself and what this thread was about.. Just thought to ask, sometimes knowing all aspects of a technology helps to understand things better.

Well then yes, DJI sells an HDMI out box for the P3A that you can run to some glasses from the controller.

The only way to use goggles with p3s is to have a HDMI plug nvidia
My understanding was you could if you used the Litchi app and just put the device (cell phone) that your using into the goggles, since that app has the VR feature and the cell phone is connect via wifi to the controller/drone. I'm not talking about the type of goggles that just plug in directly with a cable.

My understanding was you could if you used the Litchi app and just put the device (cell phone) that your using into the goggles, since that app has the VR feature and the cell phone is connect via wifi to the controller/drone. I'm not talking about the type of goggles that just plug in directly with a cable.

Correct, you can. I have a P3S and use the Samsung Gear VR with 3 apps and no cables.

Reactions: Morro Man
The only way to use goggles with p3s is to have a HDMI plug nvidia

Not true. There are a few apps that provide VR capabilities through your phone. As others have mentioned, just buy a VR goggle from eBay or Amazon. I got one for 20 bucks and it's pretty sweet.

Now I'm trying to determine which app is the best.

Once you get goggles, you'll have some fun with other VR apps such as roller coasters, dinosaurs, cars etc...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am using a Samsung S6 Edge with Samsung Gear VR. I used 3 apps so far and they each work OK. I used Drone VR+, Litchi and 3D FPV.

Dude,,, you can't say that and not say which one your think is best. [emoji4]
Any preference ordering?

Dude,,, you can't say that and not say which one your think is best. [emoji4]
Any preference ordering?

Hahaha! Well, as of right now, Drone VR+ works the best for me as it actually works. Litchi can work but crashes a lot on my phone. 3D FPV will have an update coming out soon for Android and it lets you control the turning with head tracking.

Reactions: longdog
Hahaha! Well, as of right now, Drone VR+ works the best for me as it actually works. Litchi can work but crashes a lot on my phone. 3D FPV will have an update coming out soon for Android and it lets you control the turning with head tracking.

Cool good to know. I tried 3D FPV and really was not pleased. I requested a credit because I probably should have just done their 7 day free trial. Thankfully I got my refund. I do still seem to have the app though. Maybe if it works still I'll check out the update.

I downloaded Drone VR and did not yet make the 9.99 in app purchase which is why I'm here researching. I'll probably check that out next.

Litchi seems to focus more on other things like photo and route plans.
I just want the best VR experience.

I am new to the forum. I just want to confirm everything I have read. What you are confirming is that with a Phantom 3 Standard, Samsung Galaxy S6 or higher as well as the Samsung Gear VR... All I will need is the DroneVR app and connect using my regular wifi signal provided by my P3S?

I am new to the forum. I just want to confirm everything I have read. What you are confirming is that with a Phantom 3 Standard, Samsung Galaxy S6 or higher as well as the Samsung Gear VR... All I will need is the DroneVR app and connect using my regular wifi signal provided by my P3S?
That is one option except the recent ratings for this app is pretty dismal. Litchi app is another option which I know works but I am not prepared to say how well (first time used yesterday)

As for the glasses, lots of different options. Most are pretty cheap (cost and quality). You mobile phone fits inside the glasses, the app (in VR mode) splits the screen/image into 2. One image for each eye/lens.

That is one option except the recent ratings for this app is pretty dismal. Litchi app is another option which I know works but I am not prepared to say how well (first time used yesterday)

As for the glasses, lots of different options. Most are pretty cheap (cost and quality). You mobile phone fits inside the glasses, the app (in VR mode) splits the screen/image into 2. One image for each eye/lens.

Thank you for the info, but I am aware on how the VR headset works and connects. I'm just wondering if anyone has a preferred method to connecting, Which app they enjoy most, etc, etc. I am also hoping that a P3S owner will be providing the insight that way ensuring we are on the same level. I already own both the device and headset needed for VR. Just needing info regarding how to connect or step by step instructions on how to connect... only if the step by step information is provided after being tested and secure. If it is an app that crashes or causes issues, I most likely wont be interested in using them

Thank you for the info, but I am aware on how the VR headset works and connects. I'm just wondering if anyone has a preferred method to connecting, Which app they enjoy most, etc, etc. I am also hoping that a P3S owner will be providing the insight that way ensuring we are on the same level. I already own both the device and headset needed for VR. Just needing info regarding how to connect or step by step instructions on how to connect... only if the step by step information is provided after being tested and secure. If it is an app that crashes or causes issues, I most likely wont be interested in using them

Setup is really quite simple, and it sounds like your most of the way there with the VR headset and device.
You just get an app that supports VR; Litchi probably one of the better ones these days and connect the way your would regularly. Select VR/FPV option, put device in goggles, put goggles on head and fly.

Step by step??? Start controller and remote. Turn on (vr capable such as the Litchi) app. Select the apps VR option. Shove mobile into glasses. Fly....

Step by step??? Start controller and remote. Turn on (vr capable such as the Litchi) app. Select the apps VR option. Shove mobile into glasses. Fly....

it seems as though you think I am incapable of basic connections and troubleshooting... I can assure you, this is not the case. I am aware of how to connect the apps, drone and phone alongside using the VR headset... im simply looking for users with a P3S that can confirm using the same devices (Samsung Gear VR, Samsung Galaxy S7 or any other Samsung device that can pair with the Gear VR) and what methods they used. I do not want to download the wrong app and connect and have something go wrong mid flight. I'd like some ideas and suggestions by others who have already had this experience. and to re confirm, I will not MOD my drone in any way... unless its slapping a sweet sticker on it lol

Cheap vr headsets are the better option. To use the Samsung headset you need to find an app to disable the Samsung app from starting when you put the phone into them. With cheaper sets there is no pairing they just hold the device no cables or anything. Litchi has worked best for me I have used it with Samsung galaxy s6 and an iPhone 7 plus both worked great. I tried a few of the other apps and they didn't work very good for me

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Cheap vr headsets are the better option. To use the Samsung headset you need to find an app to disable the Samsung app from starting when you put the phone into them. With cheaper sets there is no pairing they just hold the device no cables or anything. Litchi has worked best for me I have used it with Samsung galaxy s6 and an iPhone 7 plus both worked great. I tried a few of the other apps and they didn't work very good for me

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. just the information I was looking for.

I have one other question... If the only issue with the Gear VR is that the headset always connects to Samsung apps because of the micro usb connection for the phone... couldn't I ultimately set the phone into the headset without ever connecting the phone to the micro usb?.. obviously rigging something so that the phone is sturdy in the headset.

I have one other question... If the only issue with the Gear VR is that the headset always connects to Samsung apps because of the micro usb connection for the phone... couldn't I ultimately set the phone into the headset without ever connecting the phone to the micro usb?.. obviously rigging something so that the phone is sturdy in the headset.

Actually, I have another question lol. The Litchi app for android looks to be a 30$ app... is this true or is there a different app that I am not seeing? there are a couple of free Litchi apps but are all called something different. IE - litchi magic leash

Yes you can just sit the phone in the headset without connecting the USB,and litchi is like $25 unless they raised the price since I bought it.it also has some other good features you may be interested in also like waypoints and the follow me modes,as they work better than the DJI app

Yes you can just sit the phone in the headset without connecting the USB,and litchi is like $25 unless they raised the price since I bought it.it also has some other good features you may be interested in also like waypoints and the follow me modes,as they work better than the DJI app

Thank you again. I have downloaded the app and will try everything out as soon as im home. thank you again for the information.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan