Are there firmware/software upgrade flying restrictions?

Reaction score
I have an 'older' P2V (non +) so I'm a bit out of the loop. I've read that both the Inspire and the P3 have web access requirements that prevent you from flying if you cannot access the web. I also read that when you DO have web access, the DJI software automatically checks to see if you have the latest upgraded soft/firmware versions installed, and if you don't you can't even fly the bird. Well, you have three days to upgrade (where you can continue to fly), but after that time if you haven't updated your 'stuff' the motors won't even spool up. Is this true?

Out here in Nevada where I do almost all of my flying, cell service can really be sketchy, and accessing the web can be totally out of the question. So, if all this is true, I can see both the P3 and the Inspire will not be on my list of things to buy.

Anyone know if this stuff is true? I can't find anything about this on the DJI website. I read all this on a Phantom related FB page.

I haven't heard of these web access requirements. Please link.

I saw an inspire review where the reviewer said that after 3 flights without updating to the latest software/firmware that it locked him out not letting him fly until he updated it. He may be asking about these type restrictions. It was a warning from the Pilot APP.

I saw an inspire review where the reviewer said that after 3 flights without updating to the latest software/firmware that it locked him out not letting him fly until he updated it. He may be asking about these type restrictions. It was a warning from the Pilot APP.
I guess I can understand that but there are no web access requirements during normal flight. Youtube streaming would need it.

I haven't heard of these web access requirements. Please link.

I follow a FaceBook page called "DJI Phantom 2 Vision Owners Page" and that's where the discussion about software/Firmware "musts" was going on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31