Are there any diagnostic tools to see if a signal is leaving the USB port on RC?

Reaction score
I have been messing with my P3P since the 1.4 FW update last week. I cannot get the DJI GO app to connect to my aircraft. I have troubleshoot everything except the signal leaving the RC going to my IPad mini 2. Something is screwy somewhere and I can't figure it out. I tried the older version of the DJI pilot app and it will not connect to the aircraft either. Any help would be great!

Change cable and make sure its a 450mbs data cable. (I assume you have done this).
Check for power. See if it can charge your device.

Check if telemetry is working.
Check your channels and see if its not flooded by other wifi devices.

I didn't really notice if it had been powering a device but now that I think of it, it did fully charge my iPad last week while I had it plugged in sitting around not using it. Since then the iPad will not show that it is even connected to a power source when I plug it in. My next step is to pull of the back case and check if a voltage is at the USB port. Hopefully it's something I can just swap out.

I have been messing with my P3P since the 1.4 FW update last week. I cannot get the DJI GO app to connect to my aircraft. I have troubleshoot everything except the signal leaving the RC going to my IPad mini 2. Something is screwy somewhere and I can't figure it out. I tried the older version of the DJI pilot app and it will not connect to the aircraft either. Any help would be great!
Have you logged in via the updated app?
Try to view your flight records and it will prompt you if you haven't.

I had the same problem right out of the box, also using iPad mini 2.
I bought a new cable straight from Apple store and since then it works like a charm.

Some additional info for troubleshooting:
- Does your controller alone connect to the bird (green status bar on controller)?

Cable might be the problem if one of the following doesn't happen:
- Do you hear a silent "beep" sound on the iPad when connecting (make sure iPad is NOT set to silent)?
- Does the DJI GO app ask for permission to transfer data for the first time after install, when connected to controller?
- Borrow an Android device and connect it to controller. Does it work now?

BiftekMan, yes, the controller connects to the bird. I have full control over the P3P and the camera tilt and I am even able to take and store pictures into the SD card. I just cannot connect the GO app to the bird. I have tried 3 separate cables. The GO app did ask to "trust this computer" the first time I updated. After one flight it quit working and hasn't worked since. It almost seems like the USB from the RC just isn't sending a signal to the iPad mini 2.

Chrisnewton21 it seems the USB connectors from the remote control are very fragile. I have had my P3 for some months and it worked well. Suddenly I lost the communication with my iPad and couldn't open the GO application. I tried everything to fix the problem, upgraded the firmware in my Phantom and same results. I used the standard USB and the mini USB port and same result. I had purchased the HDMI module unit and decided to install it since there are a couple of new USB ports. After installing, everything worked well and normal. My GO app could open in camera view and now everything works great.

Juan, I think you are probably right about that. I guess I will plunk down the $99 HDMI upgrade and see if that fixes it. I've had so many great flights and pretty much zero problems/issues with either my original phantom FC40 and now the P3P that it had to be my turn to run into something.

I haven't contacted DJI yet about any warranty with the RC. I was hoping to be able to fix it on my own. I will put up my progress in the thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31