Are the controllers hard to take apart?

Reaction score
I pressed my return to home today and the button sank in. Is it broke? I've never taken one apart and I'm wondering if it just pops back into place. Anyone done this or have pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes it is broken. The plastic threaded posts inside are brittle.

Any harm in leaving it that way? I heard you can use longer screws

Any harm in leaving it that way? I heard you can use longer screws

If its a fully or substantially broken post long screws wont help. I doubt they would be a the ideal solution. The plastic is suprisingly brittle. If you have some mechanical inqenuity its amazing what you can do with some epoxy, you can easily fashion and drill and tap a new post (s) and use machine scews.

The RTH button is arguably the most important button on the remote. The one in the app doesnt help if your device crashes or you have aome other glitch.

The button still works it's just sunk. I'm just worried about what it's resting on

The button still works it's just sunk. I'm just worried about what it's resting on

The remote is easy to get into. Have a look at some videos first on YouTube to see if its something you want to tackle. You won't know what you have until you look inside.

Yea I've replace the screen on my iPhone before so I'm sure I can tackle this. I'm just looking for pictures to see if that button is resting on anything that can be damaged.

I would suggest it to get repaired. It will give you peace of mind.

I just took it apart and repaired it myself. I used JB weld plastic cement and it seems to have worked. There isn't a single circuit under the button so if I would've left it it wouldn't have damaged anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31