Are the batteries the same?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've currently got 4 batteries but feel I could use a fifth battery at some shoots in order to capture all aspects of the field work. (The sites I fly are often large.) Do the Phantom 2, Phantom 2 Vision, and Phantom 2 Vision Plus all use the exact same battery? So far, I can only find a battery bundle (2 batteries plus charger) locally for a P2V+.

Thanks.

Bill

All the P2 variants use the same battery.

The data pin/pad size and shape reference by happydays indicates battery revision of sorts.

The smaller round pads are the older style while the larger square pads indicate the newer style.

Other than that there are no published differences in the two revisions that I recall.

Thanks for the quick replies. I just called B&H Photo and it turns out they sell single P2V+ batteries too (but only show the bundle in the web search). So I'm all set. But good to know those two are at least compatible.

Yes, I will check the pins when I get them to make sure they are the flat ones. My other 4 batteries have the flat pins, which I'm sure make better contact.

What am I missing?

The pins are in the quad, the pads are on battery.

The pins have (also) changed from dome topped to crown or multi-point topped but that was beyond the OP's question.

Finally, it's doubtful there's any round pad batteries still in sales queue.

Sorry. Meant the flat contacts on the battery.

No probs. ;)

Just wanted to be clear on the info.

Bad info is worse than none sometimes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues