Are P2 Prop Guards Clipping Props?

Reaction score
Just a quick question:

Flying a P2 with DJI prop guards and stock DJI props.

So I'm in an open field and pulling some fairly hard turns left and right. I'm leaned forward while rotating during many of them. I have been doing this allot for 3 or 4 full flights now. However, yesterday it "seems" that one prop might have somehow flexed too much and clipped the prop guard? Is that possible? Do the blades flex that much? (I clipped a tip in mid flight with nothing around)

Has this ever happened to anybody in the past?

Generally speaking, do the DJI prop guards significantly affect overall performance or is that just a crazy idea stuck in my head? ;-)

Having flown with and without the guards, I can say that they do affect performance. There is more wind resistance with them on (obviously more surface area to catch the wind), so the craft seems slower and less responsive, especially in higher winds. Haven't had one take out a prop but also wouldn't "push" it as hard with the guards on. It could be that you have the original Phantom guards--if your props extend past them, then that's the case. My plan is to get a better hex driver so I can quickly add/remove the guards because I do like having them on when flying around the trees, but miss the higher performance that I had in open areas without them. Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj