Are many of you guys planning on sticking by the Phantom 3 Pro after 4 is released?

Keeping my P3P - I'm even flying long trips over water now! If I put more money in the air I would be more conservative with it. Of course, as a drone blogger I will be forced to buy and test a P4 - but that doesn't mean the P3P won't be my first choice to fly.

Funny because I remember watching this DJI video 500x waiting for my Vision+ to arrive...

Had my p3p about 4 weeks and it's amazing especially coming from a cx-20 I haven't even touched the capabilities of this craft so I'm not interested in the p4! Just re watch the p3p marketing videos and remember that feeling!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I ordered my P3P and it will be shipped in two days. I decided against the P4. I have four P3 batteries and four P3 100 watt chargers, and a P3 hard case. None of that will work with the P4. Now that I have ordered another P3P with extra battery, I will have two P3P with six batteries and the capability to charge four batteries at once. Using Litchi for programmed flight is really a blast. Getting good smooth videos. Healthy Drones is a great maintenance information web site. Way too much money to change to a P4, since DJI changed the batteries and the battery connector and the shape of the drone.
Keep your props up,
Joe
KC7GHT

Reactions: spin2win
I was able to return 2 of my 3 extra batteries and my P3P to Bestbuy for in store credit, my original purchase was from November. I sold the 3rd extra battery and my extra charge cable for $150 ( I thought about keeping the cable to charge the controller of the P4). I have the dronecrates P3 backpack and am gonna take a sharp knife to it and some foam glue to make it work with the P4. I have basically done an even trade, except I will have to pay $140 more for the P4 and come out of pocket $10 extra per battery (because I will save $9 in sales tax per battery). I was going to buy a TV from bestbuy anyway so I will use the in store credit for that and I have pre-ordered the P4 from Apple and the extra batteries from DJI (who knows when the batteries will come if the P3 launch is any indication). When there is a will, there is a way. If you all wanted to upgrade without losing a lot of money there are ways to do it.

I was able to return 2 of my 3 extra batteries and my P3P to Bestbuy for in store credit, my original purchase was from November. I sold the 3rd extra battery and my extra charge cable for $150 ( I thought about keeping the cable to charge the controller of the P4). I have the dronecrates P3 backpack and am gonna take a sharp knife to it and some foam glue to make it work with the P4. I have basically done an even trade, except I will have to pay $140 more for the P4 and come out of pocket $10 extra per battery (because I will save $9 in sales tax per battery). I was going to buy a TV from bestbuy anyway so I will use the in store credit for that and I have pre-ordered the P4 from Apple and the extra batteries from DJI (who knows when the batteries will come if the P3 launch is any indication). When there is a will, there is a way. If you all wanted to upgrade without losing a lot of money there are ways to do it.

There's no will [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: m0j0
My P3 has a commercial N-number. Those are a pain to get. It involves notarized documents and long waits for the mail man etc. I suppose it does add to the resale value of it though?
Since I don't want to go through that again I'll keep my P3 for a while.

I'm keeping my p3a since it perfect for me. I don't need 4k.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Staying with my p3 I've had it for over year and have not a minutes problem.

My P3 has a commercial N-number. Those are a pain to get. It involves notarized documents and long waits for the mail man etc. I suppose it does add to the resale value of it though?
Since I don't want to go through that again I'll keep my P3 for a while.

Same here; I may end up hanging on to it forever just to avoid what I'm sure will be a hassle when trying to transfer ownership. That and I feel like I really haven't explored its capabilities yet, so I'm in no rush to replace it.

I really like what I've seen of the P4 so far though, and if something happens to my P3 I'll more than likely go with a P4 for a replacement. I wouldn't mind one as a backup in case I auger it into Puget Sound one day, but I want to replace my NC Miata with an ND model first. :p

Reactions: ResevorDG
Beau,

I'm sticking with my P2V+v3 and my P3Pro. P2 has been locked down in both firmware and Litchi software for 3 months now. I locked the P3Pro down with 1.5 (can still downgrade to 1.4) and Litchi about 3-4 weeks ago. No new updates for either of my birds. They do all I need them to do the way they sit right now. I'll run them like this until they don't run anymore. No P4 for me.

Jerry
Hi JErry Tim here.
I just sold my P2V and got a P3Pro. Happy with the new purchase BUT.
In Lightroom I can't seem to access a lens profile for the FC300X lens/camera.
I have tried to follow other threads on this forum but can't access one for MAC.
can you help me or know anyone that can??
Thanks Jerry

At the moment the P3A works with Litchi Waypoint missions and can be equipped with an "HDMI out" on P3A/Pro R/C. Although I ordered a P4 the day it came out, it's utility to me is marginal until it is working with LITCHI waypoint missions and my HDMI powered HeadPlay unit....regardless, I am excited....plus it's an excuse to go get that big 4K TV.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

In Lightroom I can't seem to access a lens profile for the FC300X lens/camera.

Tim,

Honestly, I'm not as good at editing or production as I'd like to be! If I was as bad a pilot as I am an editor, I wouldn't be allowed to fly! Sorry but I don't have the answer to your question. Keep reading this thread, mate someone that knows will chime in.

Jerry

I have a P3 Standard that I got in December and just this week bought a P3P after looking into the P4. I didn't like the portly look of the P4 but I have to give DJI thumbs up for continuing to develop the technology. They have improved the quality of the design of the components and I applaud them for pushing the technology forward. So I hope that lots of people buy the P4 so that we will continue to see advances in product development. The P4 may not be the next step for P3P owners but it will lead to the P5 and other products that will contain technology we can only imagine today. I decided to go for the P3P because it is a proven platform and does what I want - not to mention the price has dropped to below $1k USD with an extra battery. This hobby is in its infancy compared to where it will be in 10 years but what we have today is very cool. I would love to build a racing drone but at my age, my reflexes are not that of a teenager so that project would likely end up a smoldering pile of rubble on day one.

Nah, I think you will have accomplished developing them Piloting skills, before going to deep..
Buy a super cheap drone and practice flying it with goggles until you can fly it in your sleep. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Tim,

Honestly, I'm not as good at editing or production as I'd like to be! If I was as bad a pilot as I am an editor, I wouldn't be allowed to fly! Sorry but I don't have the answer to your question. Keep reading this thread, mate someone that knows will chime in.

Jerry
I've been a prof photographer for thirty five yrs plus. Specializing in aerial. Teach PS and LR.
If you need a hand with any of that just ask.
Cheers
Tim

Reactions: Jtrjr

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj