Are many of you guys planning on sticking by the Phantom 3 Pro after 4 is released?

Me too. Happy with P3A. Got it a month ago at $800USD. Would do the same thing today.

I like my Phantom 3 Pro just fine. As for a P4, nice but 45mph isn't quite fast enough... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Since I just got a P3P I will stick with it and learn the rope then down the line I will upgrade if necessary..
but it's good for the P3x owner as a lot of used equipment soon will be for grab.

I plan on enjoying my new P3A for many months to come before I consider any other Phantom purchase. :)

Absolutely! Love my p3p ,will upgrade next 3.1.17 ;)

Attachments

• 1457064010586.jpg
    1457064010586.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 284
Does obstacle avoidance and autonomous flying phase you? Someone who is skilled enough is able to avoid obstacles and follow someone right?
Rule #1 in aviation: never buy the "A" model.

Reactions: Apilot101
Did Henry Ford say that, or someone else. Maybe Edsel. Haha

The DeLuxe V-8 1932 Ford Fordor sedan, here in Washington Blue with black fenders, enjoyed a production run of 20,471 units. It sold for $645. See more classic car pictures.

RedHotPoker

Let me tell you. My panties are in a bunch right now. I am one of those gotta have it now kind of guy. I am in the process of returning my P3A because of a controller issue. Now that the 4 is out I am twitching. I can afford the 4 no problem. It's the accessories and batteries and such that I bought that has me kind of tied down. $1400 is not going to kill me. The rest of the stuff that was mentioned that runs it up to 2K that starts to grate on me. What to do? What to do? ****, I want that P4.

There is always going to be a bright and shiny newer model. In 12 short months, there will be something else, with bigger motors, longer flight times, farther distances traveled. Then this awesome great new Phantom 4 will be old news... What then? ;-)
Ah, though there may be another model or two before that year is up too. Yes we should all anticipate the beefed up Phantom 4 Pro. Ha

RedHotPoker

Sticking with P3P. Has only three short flights. Maybe when P5 comes out or inspire.

Other than the faster speed, not real excited about the P4. Not anywhere near enough to sell my P3P.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Im still paying off my P3P from last year. Unless I win the lottery Im going to skip the P4, even though it looks good.

With a Vision+, P3 Pro, P3 Advanced, & a pair of P3 Standards, I always think of new models as an addition to the fleet. Will I get a P4? Almost certainly, but I'm holding off waiting for pilot reports when they start taking to the skies. Also hoping DJI will offer a black version.

Reactions: Tony Cowan
I do love it when you buy a new gadget and open it up and take everything in. Looking over all the pamphlets and admiring your new item.

Enjoy your new toy you lucky Phantom4 owners.

Waiting for the ability to swap camera payloads eg to swap to a FLIR camera... Maybe I'll get the next version of the Inspire (tho' I prefer the Phantom series)...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Had my p3p about 4 weeks and it's amazing especially coming from a cx-20 I haven't even touched the capabilities of this craft so I'm not interested in the p4! Just re watch the p3p marketing videos and remember that feeling!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Gonna wait and see what the next generation will offer. P4 doesent have anything to make me wanna change from P3.
Gimme P5 with 20x optical zoom and 360 obstical avoidance, then were talking.

I was open to the idea of getting a P4. The "promo" videos looked very enticing. I posed a question in another section of the forum about how it would work in a couple given scenarios. Apparently the P4 can't quite do what I want. So I'm going to wait and see what the next version brings. Dang, that money was burning a hole in my pocket too!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4