Are many of you guys planning on sticking by the Phantom 3 Pro after 4 is released?

Reaction score
Does obstacle avoidance and autonomous flying phase you? Someone who is skilled enough is able to avoid obstacles and follow someone right?

Reactions: stulpin300m
I am guessing that many new P4 owners may be disappointed based on the metric of satisfaction per dollar spent and having been previous owners of DJI products.

Totally new consumers will likely be thrilled.

Reactions: henick and 4wd
Has anyone seen mention of the camera / gimbal being removable on the P4? They said it's "integrated". I'm wondering if it will be removable for hand-held use like Yuneec and Chroma.

Reactions: QuikSilver15
I will keep the p3a the p4 makes me laugh, and angry with DJI at the same time! Obstacle avoidance only works in forward, that's it that dosent do too much, "learn to fly on your own", follow me tracking as seen in Tested video, is severely flawed looses sight quickly and only works on bright days, the ideas were great but too flawed to be safe! DJI will destroy a great hobby with the p4 , they boast how you don't need to learn 2 stick control lol, YES you do!!!!!! Tech has flaws its can fail and we see it with all products! New pilots will get in serious trouble with these thinking it will fly itself! Then watch the DJI video " running with p4" they show a woman set the app to tracking then proceed to leave controller in place and go for a jog, that's redicuous why would you show that you have no control in event it fails ! Lost alot of faith in DJI yesterday !!!

Does obstacle avoidance and autonomous flying phase you? Someone who is skilled enough is able to avoid obstacles and follow someone right?

Beau,

I'm sticking with my P2V+v3 and my P3Pro. P2 has been locked down in both firmware and Litchi software for 3 months now. I locked the P3Pro down with 1.5 (can still downgrade to 1.4) and Litchi about 3-4 weeks ago. No new updates for either of my birds. They do all I need them to do the way they sit right now. I'll run them like this until they don't run anymore. No P4 for me.

Jerry

Reactions: Apilot101 and Itay
I like what the P4 has to offer. Being a motorcyclist first the tapfly and sport mode really appeals to me. I just hope it works better more consistently than the current Follow Me mode where it seems the stars have to be in perfect alignment to work.

But after reading about the capabilities and how it would benefit me, I'm buy in a few months after the first wave of people report back that everything works well...

I have no desire - or need - to invest in a P4. My P3P is fine for my needs. As to collision avoidance - I feel it's more hype than a value if you keep your eyes on the bird.

NO - I like my P3P. I use it mainly for still aerial photos, I always fly LOS (and keep my bird in sight), and I try to carefully plan my shots.
I won't be needing the small step-up to collision avoidance yet.
Maybe in a year ...... or a little more.

I'm hanging onto my P3, the collision avoidance could be interesting but too bad it's only forward. Oh well guess they have to leave something for the P5.

P3P - I'm a video guy. An upgrade of 120fps in 1080 won't get me to move on it.. The other stuff is awesome.. but not enough. Only way I get a 4 is when a pro model comes out or my P3P is grounded.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Well I started with a p3s and then upgraded to a advance, today I got my range extenders and did my longest flight to date, not the longest I've seen but as a first go I was more than happy, for what you get on the 4 some nice gimmicks yes, and redesign yes, I'm not sure I'm going to worry that much, I get what I was looking for, and am very happy with what it does. There has to be a limit to how much money you can spend on frankly a good hobby, I will stick with the advance, as I stick with my MacBook and iPad mini iwatch, it's a lot more money for not a lot more kit.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj