Are FlightRecords good to locate a lost P4?

Reaction score
Fortunately I have not lost my P4 I was looking at my flight records and was amazed at the amount of data collected.
I was wondering is it possible to use the flight records to locate a P4 drone if it flies away?
I've been scanning some of the forums here and it apeers that drones fly away for several reasons.
  • One being malfunction of the hardware
  • Lack of satellite connection
  • Poor communication between the drone and the Go app
I would assume each bullet above could produce several variables for each situation. I'm just curious on peoples insight on this one.
I was looking a the trackers vs insurance.

You won't have GPS location of your fly away drone if it is lack of satellite connection or if it lost connection with your Go app

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Shouldn't it land on the spot when loosing Gps connection? Or is it at least possible to adjust it to do so?
As far as I remember the Ugcs.com software has got this feature?

I was wondering is it possible to use the flight records to locate a P4 drone if it flies away?
If you mean fly away as in the Phantom flies outside the range of the Lightbridge connection, then you will only see data in the log up until that point. The best you're going to be able to do is get a general idea of the direction it was flying at the time.

Reactions: Jill
Shouldn't it land on the spot when loosing Gps connection?
No. At that point, it'll switch to ATTI mode.

No. At that point, it'll switch to ATTI mode.

OK. Good to know. I think Ugcs.com got that feature to make it landing at Gps loss. Why is dji not improving this part of the software? There should be some more possibilities depending on the nature of the mission.

Why is dji not improving this part of the software?
You'd have to ask DJI. Personally, I'd be pretty upset if my Phantom started to auto land when the GPS signal was lost.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
You'd have to ask DJI. Personally, I'd be pretty upset if my Phantom started to auto land when the GPS signal was lost.

I agree for most of the situations but it should be up to the user. If it lands after 3 sec Gps loss it's likely you can find it in op en landscape. It could also go to Rth height based on the baro data and hover there until signal is back. If the bird is in visible range it's anyway easy. Also I don't need a GPS if I got control and HD downlink works. But back to the beginning. Using the flight log increases the chances to know what happened and get a glue for the possible location.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers