Are drones covered by American Express Purchase Protection?

Reaction score
My drone did not come home—as a result, it crashed in a concrete parking lot. I've confirmed that the GPS does not work on the unit. I think it's in too rough of shape to fix. Does anyone know if American Express Purchase Protection covers drones? I can't seem to figure out if there is a legit warranty with these.

Re: Are drones covered by American Express Purchase Protecti

I bought from Amazon.com but it was fulfilled through Kellards. I could try to just return it through Amazon.com

I guess if you can prove the GPS was faulty due to a manufacturer's defect and that lead to your crash.....that could hold water for you. It's worth a try.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

yeah, the whole thing is totally messed up. I've spent a long time now trying to get it to connect to the PC and perform diagnostics. It won't connect. Something in there is fried and so i'm returning to Amazon.com. Crossing fingers. I've ordered the next one but won't unbox until i've confirmed that DJI/Amazon's customer service has accepted my return

Did you ever find out if the drone was covered by American Express Purchase protection?

I would also be interested in knowing if Amex Covered this loss and if anyone has filed anything.

Holy 2 year old post. If you look at the complete Purchase Protection Description of Coverage for your particular card, it pretty much spells it out. Here's what it says for Amex Gold:

upload_2015-12-8_14-9-41.png

Reactions: Ti22

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj