Are DJI Go app flight restrictions still an issue?

Reaction score
I am considering buying a P4pro and was reading some old posts about people not being able to fly within 5 miles of an airport or other areas because of the DJI go app restricting it. Is there any new posts or information on this topic? I live within a 5 mile airport radius and fly my P3S and have informed the tower and they are ok with me flying around my home area because its not in their flight path. Will purchasing a P4P still have these restrictions built into the app or are there new updates?

As long as you cover yourself legally there are ways to do it, integrated into the p4p (This is dependent upon the type of airspace.).... DJI has a website that lets you know what you can and cant do. Sometimes you have to accept a waver, sometimes its more complicated. Look at your address, on the dji site as well as the b4ufly app that the faa came out with.

P4P will have the same restrictions as P3S.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I never had any restrictions on my app that prevented me from flying, regardless of airspace on my P3S. I was just reading that some P4P owners have that issue and cant even fly in their backyard because they are within 5 mile of an airport. Thats why i was asking. But you are saying there are easy ways around it?

I never had any restrictions on my app that prevented me from flying, regardless of airspace on my P3S. I was just reading that some P4P owners have that issue and cant even fly in their backyard because they are within 5 mile of an airport. Thats why i was asking. But you are saying there are easy ways around it?
I live 2 miles from an airport and I fly just fine. The airport has a 1SM NFZ, 1.5SM RFZ and a 5SM Alert zone. Most class C and below airports will be like this. Class A/B is a whole different story. For the most part, check out Hover - B4UFLY and UAV Forecast. The last app will show you DJIs implemented NFZs.
Edit: I will mention I do have contact with the airport, and I have a 107 with COAs :p

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj