Are autonomous waypoint missions the better choice for long distance flights?

So the waypoint mission I just flew, my phantom got hung up when its passed behind a building until I moved and could get line of sight again. Distance was about 300 feet away.
I was under the impression that the mission would finish if signal was lost.

Yes, I have already been using Autopilot for several months, so Waypoints is just a new feature for me. Past experience (having to make in-app purchases for new features) is what made me ask.

I went through all the tutorials last night and I must agree, their Waypoints mode is very powerful. However, there is very little that it can do which Litchi can't do, and Litchi is so much easier and intuitive to use!

All of Autopilot's modes are powerful, but very complicated, and with most devices being difficult to see properly in bright sunlight, it is a pain to set up a mission on site.

At the end of the day I suppose it comes down the personal preferences. Have fun.

I really want to be an AP champion, but the fact that AP missions and configurations are all stored in the app in real time is a deal breaker for me. Too many things can and do go wrong with the controller/bird connections and I've grown to depend on on-board code execution (Litchi i.e.) ...

Simply put, Litchi missions are uploaded to the on board memory space and will proceed autonomously (battery and conditions permitting) while AP is dependent on the Lightbridge connection (or other depending on your connectivity) NOT failing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers