Are 8 inch props better

Reaction score
the only way for the parachute to fit on the phantom all models is using the 8 inch props the helicopter flies better with 8 inch blades you can order the 8 inch blades and try it.

That's what someone told me when replying some of my questions in an email. Is this really true? I've heard that the 9" propellers give more flight time and stuff, that's why it comes with P2. What are your thoughts on this? Is it really better to change props to 8"?

gfo315 said:
the only way for the parachute to fit on the phantom all models is using the 8 inch props the helicopter flies better with 8 inch blades you can order the 8 inch blades and try it.

That's what someone told me when replying some of my questions in an email. Is this really true? I've heard that the 9" propellers give more flight time and stuff, that's why it comes with P2. What are your thoughts on this? Is it really better to change props to 8"?
Bigger props push more air.
Reduce your props to 8 inch and you'll reduce the thrust it can deliver.
Any turkey advocating 8 inch props for a Phantom 2 should be grounded.
This is not a person to take advice from.
Forget ideas of a parachute on a Phantom - it's a waste of time trying it and would cause more problems than it attempts to solve..

yeah, alright. I knew from the beginning this information was kinda messy. thanks guys

The only way it would be even atteptible is if you changed everything in the phantom over to a larger quadccopter frame

Otherwise it wouldn't work

or kinda putting it in the middle (where is the DJI logo) and somehow fix it but wouldn't be that good

gfo315 said:
or kinda putting it in the middle (where is the DJI logo) and somehow fix it but wouldn't be that good

That wouldn't work as the gps is smack dab under the logo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair