Ardupilot on a Phantom. Hmmmm....

Reaction score
IMG_2807.jpg

http://diydrones.ning.com/profiles/blog ... ike-inside

I want to use Ardupilot as a controller, and I was planning to build a quad or hex. I stumbled upon this today and I think I may just convert my phantom in order to experiment with and learn the Ardupilot.

Autonomous operation, waypoints, loiter, and reduced flyaway chances (especially with an aftermarket TX/RX)... All for a lot cheaper than building another quad from the ground up.

I've been playing around with it for awhile in a phantom. You need to mount it up higher on some anti vibration mounts, and you need to tune the PIDs so the phantom won't oscillate when flying. It works well (autopilot is fun :) ) but it is for a hobbyist user.

I'm in the process of switching my F550 away from DJI Naza to APM 2.6. I'm just sick of DJI's shoddy firmware updates with no documentation about what's fixed etc.

Let us know how you get on.

Audaciter said:
Sure, why not. It looks clean enough. and should perform just fine.

And no more messing around with DJI software/ firmware bugs.

Yea, cos open source is just awesome LMAO

Hey there sunshine! Why don't you impart your wisdom upon us?

Please don't get "Circ du Soleil" going. I think he just has a hard on for me. And if you don't spell things out very carefully,
with pictures, graphs, and charts, that are geared just for his special needs, he gets confused.
Yes, there really must be that much of a language gap. :roll: Or......he could just be an a$$hole.

Audaciter said:
Hey there sunshine! Why don't you impart your wisdom upon us?

Please don't get "Circ du Soleil" going. I think he just has a hard on for me. And if you don't spell things out very carefully,
with pictures, graphs, and charts, that are geared just for his special needs, he gets confused.
Yes, there really must be that much of a language gap. :roll: Or......he could just be an a$$hole.
I'm betting its the latter. But, I didn't realize it was directed at you, specifically. :)

Any news on the Ardupilot Phantom project ? Modding, and Hacking things to your own liking is cool in my book. :geek:

I hope people aren't avoiding this thread, due to one person's negativity .

I started down this path, too. However, like all my projects, it has escalated. In the end, I decided to keep my Phantom intact and build something that can carry more and stay in the air longer. So now I am building an octo with a PX4 flight controller :cool: . Also open source but with some extra compute power onboard (hope to play with object avoidance, smart gimbals, etc). My Phantom will remain my beater - it's a tough little guy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers