Arduino

Reaction score
Is there anybody here enhancing their Vision with Arduino?

I've always been fascinated by that, so I ordered a beginner's starter kit (haven't received it yet). When reading through some of the online documentation and examples, a couple of ideas came to mind that could possibly be used on a Vision.

I know nothing about electronics, so when you guys are discussing the innards of the quad and hooking up this gizmo to that doodad, my eyes usually glass over and I start thinking about planning a cruise somewhere :)

I'm guessing that my first question would be - how difficult is it to tap the power supply of the Vision? Is that even really allowed? How would I determine if the power supplied by the Vision's battery is compatible with what's required by the Arduino gadget?

(Yes, I know ... another noob in over his head ... but heck - this is how I learn ... sink or swim :))

GneeChee said:

I've always been fascinated by that, so I ordered a beginner's starter kit (haven't received it yet). When reading through some of the online documentation and examples, a couple of ideas came to mind that could possibly be used on a Vision.

I know nothing about electronics, so when you guys are discussing the innards of the quad and hooking up this gizmo to that doodad, my eyes usually glass over and I start thinking about planning a cruise somewhere :)

I'm guessing that my first question would be - how difficult is it to tap the power supply of the Vision? Is that even really allowed? How would I determine if the power supplied by the Vision's battery is compatible with what's required by the Arduino gadget?

(Yes, I know ... another noob in over his head ... but heck - this is how I learn ... sink or swim :))

My "goodluckbuy" 2 axis gimbal, and several others on the market all use Arduino platforms.
My gimbal here: http://www.basecamelectronics.com/simplebgc/
Open Source Arduino Gimbal Project basics: https://code.google.com/p/brushless-gim ... i/WikiHome

As you can see from the link to the basecam electronics- you can run it off a 3s or 4s lipo... meaning the Phantom battery (11.1v 3s lipo) will power the board.

There is a very easy spot to add a power lead onto the main solder joints inside the quad, and most of them now either have an aux power lead in one of the rubber stoppers in the leg, or tucked inside (My v1.1.1 did not have an aux power lead) You can also tap into the balance plug on the battery for external powering and not even open the quad up as another option.

I cannot really go into any more detail as it is a massive can of worms... but those 2 links will get you started... and probably lead you into the world wide wait of the interwebs to find all sorts of things... search engine much?

Best of luck!

Hiway said:
GneeChee said:

My "goodluckbuy" 2 axis gimbal, and several others on the market all use Arduino platforms.
My gimbal here: http://www.basecamelectronics.com/simplebgc/
Open Source Arduino Gimbal Project basics: https://code.google.com/p/brushless-gim ... i/WikiHome

As you can see from the link to the basecam electronics- you can run it off a 3s or 4s lipo... meaning the Phantom battery (11.1v 3s lipo) will power the board.

There is a very easy spot to add a power lead onto the main solder joints inside the quad, and most of them now either have an aux power lead in one of the rubber stoppers in the leg, or tucked inside (My v1.1.1 did not have an aux power lead) You can also tap into the balance plug on the battery for external powering and not even open the quad up as another option.

I cannot really go into any more detail as it is a massive can of worms... but those 2 links will get you started... and probably lead you into the world wide wait of the interwebs to find all sorts of things... search engine much?

Best of luck!

Thanks for getting back to me so quick. I'm aware of the goodluckbuy gimbal, but did not know it was arduino based.

I appreciate the links and the battery info - it's a start ... I'm heading down that road ... might get lost a few times ... but heck - it's all about the journey, right? :)

And as for the searches ... sometimes I think that me and google are joined at the hip. I often wish my smartwatch had google access. I have an access code from Google to join their Explorer Program (Glass) ... I could search anywhere ... **IF** I wanted to spend $1500 on it :(

(Come to think of it - I never signed up for Glass ... they invited me on their own ... I think THEY should be paying ME, and giving me the glasses for free, don't you? LOL)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj