ARCHAEOLOGY from the air...

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I spent the last day or two going to two amazing archaeological sites here in Sydney and decided to film them with the quad. One is in Ku-ring-gai National Park and consists of aboriginal rock carvings. It was a bit too windy and as I landed a huge gust of wind came and with the combined wash- knocked my quad over. Thank god I put prop-gaurds on as my gopro was almost smashed!

The other is a gun emplacement site on Middle Head on the harbour which was built in the 1800's as it was believed those pesky French were going to invade.

The gun emplacement photographs were taken with a canon s110 attached to my Phantom 2 with a custom mount. The aboriginal carving photo is from the gopro and cropped etc. The sandstone makes them look slightly pixellated/blurry.

Anyways just thought I would share and help demonstrate how important quads will be for archaeology.
aerial2editrotate.jpg

IMG_4544.jpg

stitch.jpg

Nice, the gun placement looks like something I saw in Jamaica

Good stuff, i reckon metal detector users would be able to spot stone scatters from the air a lot easier than on the ground especially round planting time which would highlight good places to sweep. Just a thought.

Nice. I just had mine in Bora Bora and got some great shots. I'm taking it to Machu Picchu in May and hope to get some good footage from there also.......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers