April 7th Update Bricked Unit

Reaction score
Upon powering up my P4 today, I received a message in the Go App that an update was available. As instructed, I connected my phone to the aircraft and it proceeded to update and ended with an "update successful" message. I powered everything off and now when I power up I get an RC Signal Lost message flashing in red on the top of the Go App. Can't start the P4 motors - won't function, obviously from lack of communication. I've tried Linking RC from the app but it times out. Tells me to press the link button on the P4 and after pressing in the button with a paper clip, I do get a remote successful but I still get the red RC communication error. A couple of other items I noticed are that the yellow led (tiny) on the card panel on the P4 is flashing two short flashes and upon powering up the P4, I get a message do not move aircraft, IMU calibrating. Very frustrating, why is it that it always seems there are issues with updates? Any advice would be most appreciated. My app version is 2.7.1, Aircraft Version is 01.01.0301, and RC Version is 1.5.80

Last edited:
Reactions: Popncaps551
Per the release notes, you need to install DJI GO 2.7.2 before installing firmware 1.1.301. Try installing DJI GO 2.7.2 and see if that resolves your issue.

2.7.2 is Android only.

(The link button is the little hole above the SD card...where your led was flashing)

Per the release notes, you need to install DJI GO 2.7.2 before installing firmware 1.1.301. Try installing DJI GO 2.7.2 and see if that resolves your issue.

That's not at all what the release notes say...

They say "If you intend to upgrade the firmware through the DJI GO app, "

"IF..."

The wording implies that it is not required to update DJI Go FIRST unless you intend to update the firmware through the app. So if you update the firmware by putting the bin file on the SD card - it doesn't matter what order you upgrade - but it does say that both upgrades are required.

The release notes only mention an upgrade to the Android version of DJI Go. I guess the iOS version already contains the necessary code to work with the new firmware.

I just re-read the release notes and it appears the 2.7.2 update is for Android only. I'm on IOS although I wish it was that simple in my case. My RC is version 1.5.80 and I'm trying to see if that is the latest update for the RC. Not getting any update notices though. Any more thoughts would be appreciated.

The wording implies that it is not required to update DJI Go FIRST unless you intend to update the firmware through the app. So if you update the firmware by putting the bin file on the SD card
How do you update by putting the bin file on the SD card?

Last edited:
How do you update by putting the bin file on the SD card?

I always download the update, copy the bin file to the root of the microSD card, insert it into the gimbal and power up the phantom. 20-30 minutes later, the update is complete. I actually didn't know there was any other way to do it....

I always download the update, copy the bin file to the root of the microSD card, insert it into the gimbal and power up the phantom.
Got a link to download the bin?

It does say that both an aircraft update AND a Remote Control update are required - so if for some reason the remote hasn't been updated - that could be the cause of your connection issue.

so if for some reason the remote hasn't been updated - that could be the cause of your connection issue.
That's an interesting thought. The OP is running 1.5.8 and that was the previous version.

Got a link to download the bin?

It's on the product download page - the same one that all the docs are on. You download the firmware I the .zip file and the .bin is in the .zip

Here's the link for the Advanced page
Phantom 3 Advanced - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO | DJI

And here's one directly to the .zip
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/P3S_FW_V01.08.0080.zip

I feel like you're being skeptical - you could easily do this yourself... Did you genuinely not know this?

I feel like you're being skeptical - you could easily do this yourself... Did you genuinely not know this?
No, I was being serious. I didn't know DJI hosted BIN downloads for the P4. I had no luck tracking them down.

Yeah - the P4 download page only has a link to the DJI Assistant app - and its dated 2016-03-19.

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. Disregard everything I said about downloading firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj