Apps for flight coordination.

Yes, that's what we found. I've stopped using iOS Pix4D because there were other issues, like the gimbal would pan up in the middle of the mapping mission and take obliques, which shouldn't happen. The Android version works well, but I don't think you can save and then re-fly the same mission and a few other strange inconsistencies between the two versions. It's like there were two separate teams working on the app, one for iOS and one for Android, but they weren't allowed to talk to each other. The look the same, but behave differently.

I have the Drone Deploy app, but haven't used it in the field. I've been relying on the DJI GS Pro app and I'm using the timed interval setting. That has been working well, with about 1% of the images not being taken or not being taken in the correct spot, which isn't a problem on the processing side of things.
Have you been able to retrieve the log files after you used GS Pro? I haven't been able to find them on the tablet nor the P4P...

Have you been able to retrieve the log files after you used GS Pro?
No, not yet. The app doesn't even show up under the list of apps that can be shared, according to iTunes. It's too bad because this is our preferred mapping app, at the moment.

No, not yet. The app doesn't even show up under the list of apps that can be shared, according to iTunes. It's too bad because this is our preferred mapping app, at the moment.
I agree, it is great! It would be great if they did it sooner than later as we need to keep records of PIC and Flight time on our fleet of UAVs!!

Doctorinjh have you purchased and used GSP POI?

Wow, just downloaded GS Pro, what a bummer you can't plan your missions offline. DJI has to change that. What were they thinking. Instead of sitting on my couch with my iPad in my lap, I now have to arrive at the mapping location a 45 minutes early, pre-fly the mission to lock in waypoints, land , change battery... Sheesh.

what a bummer you can't plan your missions offline
I think you're using the wrong mode... Are you selecting the tap option when you pick which New Mission you're trying to fly? You can pre-flight from anywhere. Select New Mission -> 3DMap Area -> Tap.

I hadn't seen the POI feature until you mentioned it. Has that always been there and I just missed it, or is it new?

I tried DJI GS yesterday. It has great controls but has a limit of 99 waypoints! Not enough for the aerial missions I fly.
The 99 waypoint limit is internal to the DJI apk's. All app such as litchi, map pilot, etc. face the same limit. What kinds of missions are you flying that require so many waypoint? If they are any type of mapping, apps like litch, drone deploy and map pilot might work for you. I've used litchi to do a video survey of 30+ acres with only 10 WPs.

The 99 waypoint limit is internal to the DJI apk's. All app such as litchi, map pilot, etc. face the same limit. What kinds of missions are you flying that require so many waypoint? If they are any type of mapping, apps like litch, drone deploy and map pilot might work for you. I've used litchi to do a video survey of 30+ acres with only 10 WPs.

Hi Richard,

The Drone Harmony Mission Planner overcomes the 99 WP limit by partitioning a very long mission in batches of 99 waypoints. At mission start the first batch of 99 waypoints are uploaded and when the 99 th waypoint is reached the next batch of waypoints is uploaded automatically. So as long as you fly in range of the RC you can fly unlimited missions in terms of the number of waypoints.

Regards & happy flying,
DH Team

Makes sense that someone would develop a work around that limit. I'd still like to see what a 100+ waypoint mission looks like. Must be a bear to program!

Makes sense that someone would develop a work around that limit. I'd still like to see what a 100+ waypoint mission looks like. Must be a bear to program!

Hehe yes, it is probably rare to get above 99 waypoints when you create missions manually. But for automatically computed missions (e.g. in computed smooth missions originating from recorded manual missions) you get quite quickly to more than 99 waypoints with our planner.

Finally found an Android tablet to borrow. Tried out the Drone Harmony App for setting up a grid pattern to be video recorded simulating a search grid. This worked well. Only questions that I have is why the limit on takeoff and landing being prohibited inside the specified flight area, and when will the app be available for IOS?

Finally found an Android tablet to borrow. Tried out the Drone Harmony App for setting up a grid pattern to be video recorded simulating a search grid. This worked well. Only questions that I have is why the limit on takeoff and landing being prohibited inside the specified flight area, and when will the app be available for IOS?

Hello jvhooser,

We are glad you had the opportunity to do some tests with it! Regarding your two questions:

1. Liftoff / Landing-Point prohibited in >0m areas:
    You can set a liftoff and landing point inside an area if it has 0 m altitude, but not if it is a "structure". Our thought line was, that structures with given heights represent obstacles you would not want to start from. But from the feedbacks we understand now, that some users use "buildings" to model hills / ground elevations for top down scans in hilly areas. In such usecases you would want to be able to start from the top of a building / hill. Thus we will revisit the limitation we introduced and probably change it to a warning instead.
  2. Availability of app on iOS:
    Unfortunately for now the Mission Planner is only running on Android. We would love to have the manpower to develop also on the iOS platform and for a web-based platform from the outset, but for now this is future plans without a set ETA.
Happy flying,
DH Team

Hello jvhooser,

We are glad you had the opportunity to do some tests with it! Regarding your two questions:

1. Liftoff / Landing-Point prohibited in >0m areas:
    You can set a liftoff and landing point inside an area if it has 0 m altitude, but not if it is a "structure". Our thought line was, that structures with given heights represent obstacles you would not want to start from. But from the feedbacks we understand now, that some users use "buildings" to model hills / ground elevations for top down scans in hilly areas. In such usecases you would want to be able to start from the top of a building / hill. Thus we will revisit the limitation we introduced and probably change it to a warning instead.
  2. Availability of app on iOS:
    Unfortunately for now the Mission Planner is only running on Android. We would love to have the manpower to develop also on the iOS platform and for a web-based platform from the outset, but for now this is future plans without a set ETA.
Happy flying,
DH Team
While waiting for the iOS version, I may consider getting an inexpensive android tablet to try out Droneharmony. Could you providers list of devices that should work, or at least some minimum device requirements?

While waiting for the iOS version, I may consider getting an inexpensive android tablet to try out Droneharmony. Could you providers list of devices that should work, or at least some minimum device requirements?

Hi Richard,

All tablets with Android version >= 5 should work with the exception of the following tablets, for which some users experienced problems:
We are mostly using Sony Xperia tablets (Z3 and Z4) for development.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
DH Team

I am running Pix4D Capture 2.0.0 (8) on iPad running iOS 10.3.2 and a P3 Standard. Several missions (3 of ~10) have "completed" prematurely. Today both flights (polygon) ended prematurely. Popup dialog box says mission complete (it's not) and includes a button to download/synch mission, which I ignore. Weird thing is P3S flies the entire mission, but stops taking photos once the "completed" popup appears. No more black dots on flight track, signifying each photo taken. In both cases today, I was carrying P3 Tx and iPad up a small hill to insure good connectivity throughout mission when the premature completions occurred. Hill is in middle of a 22ac triangle. This is not a challenging mission. Very frustrating. I am wondering if something is very fragile about Pix4D Capture on iOS. Why would it tell P3S to stop taking photos, yet still fly the full mission? Dare I not move either Tx or iPad during any mission? Something else that is happening is frequent iPad calibration events (circle with hash marks). Could it be iPad suddenly (mid-mission) decides it needs calibration? iPad is fairly old (4+ years) and has no cellular. I use mobile hotstop on Android phone to get maps synched up in DJI Go and Pix4D Capture, before switching back to Tx as WAP.

Kelly

PS: if there is a better Pix4D thread on this forum, please advise. Thanks.

Hey Guys,

I've noticed on our online Log Book that www.dronelogbook.com now supports GS Pro logs. I am still unable to search and find the app while connected to the tablet thru Itunes....Hopefully DJI gets their act together soon...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 3.10.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 3.10.31 PM.png
    402.4 KB · Views: 519

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl