Appreciate help with ND Filters.

Reaction score
Still fairly new to the Drone world and have learned so much from all of you. Today I went out and bought some ND filters for my P4P. Would appreciate anyone's time in telling me why you use them and which one you use the most. Do you see better results?

The main reason is to force the camera into a lower shutter speed on a bright day. With higher shutter speeds, your videos will display a "jello" effect. Your shutter speed should be the reciprocal of twice your frame rate. If you are shooting at 60 fps, then your shutter speed should be 1/120 sec. On the DitzCo site (he sells ND filters), there are some videos that explain how and why to use ND filters. This video provides a great tutorial on how to use the DJI Go app to determine how many stops you need to set.

For photographs, it can be useful to use a lower shutter speed over water to get a nice blurred effect of waves and rushing water.

I started out adjusting shutter and NDs in the Go app. Ive kept a log with readings from my small handheld light meter from my 35 mm camera days and the corresponding ND used. So now, I can just take the meter reading and pull out the proper filter for the effect that I want.

Reactions: rlphoto69
The main reason is to force the camera into a lower shutter speed on a bright day. With higher shutter speeds, your videos will display a "jello" effect. Your shutter speed should be the reciprocal of twice your frame rate. If you are shooting at 60 fps, then your shutter speed should be 1/120 sec. On the DitzCo site (he sells ND filters), there are some videos that explain how and why to use ND filters. This video provides a great tutorial on how to use the DJI Go app to determine how many stops you need to set.

For photographs, it can be useful to use a lower shutter speed over water to get a nice blurred effect of waves and rushing water.
Thank you very much. This is great information.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj