Applying Arctic Silver to Newer version Module?

Reaction score
So my WiFi module apparently crapped out in my Phantom 2 v3 because as so many others, I lost video even though I still had telemetry. I had a spare module (v3 version with the holes in the casing like my original). I put it in momentarily and it worked. Was wondering if guys are applying the Arctic silver trick even to these newer modules that have the holes in the case?

The purpose of the artic silver is to dissipate the heat from the chips. So are the holes in the case. I far as I have seen they are not doing it to the vented units.

Thanks RoyVa. That's what I would have thought but apparently the new version modules with the vent holes are susceptible to failure as well. I'm assuming heat related. Before it went out completely, I had intermittent issues after the module warmed up from using it on a hot day, and the issue went away after the unit was off and had a chance to cool down.

I've applied it to my non-vented wifi unit. Personally, I would do the same for a vented unit to play it safe considering the shoddy heat-sinking I encountered in my P2V+_v2 unit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20