Apple vs Android

Apple or Android? Which one do you use?

• Total voters
Like I've said above - both work fine. You won't talk any avid Android user into buying an apple product is better, anymore than any avid apple user can be talked into buying androids. We Android users know and use the best product with the best logo. I mean who wants a picture of a half eaten rotten apple on anything? Android has the cool factor hands down.

182578.png
Hungry-android-eating-apple.jpg

Reactions: flpholt
Love using my iPad Pro 9.7" with DJI drones. I guess one can get also solid performance with Androids but if one gets payed to fly then there is really no point of saving few bucks when one can get solid performance out of box with iOS devices. I've seen shoot delayed due to some third party app problem on Android. I just don't want to end up in the same boat.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Um, well ... I just replaced my ten-year-old Motorola Razr last month, and then only because it finally just quit working. It was a very sad day for me. I would've kept it another 10 years if it lasted that long. I already have an iPad, a MacBook and a desktop. I don't want or need another "device". I just wanted a phone.

So of course I replaced it with an iPhone ...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Woah! Razor to an iPhone? Welcome to new age buddy! Here we have flying machines and no more commercials on TV!

I think most agree here Apple is the way to go for the phantom. Who knows Why? Maybe it's just good luck!

People that buy Apple generally have more disposable income and can pay a premium to have computer stuff that normally "just works" without spending a lot of time getting Windows/Android stuff to keep working and virus free while trying to "save" money. Time is money, Apple is well spent money for the time savings.
Just my two cents which will likely generate rampant comments from all sides. For over 25 years I've been a Microsoft certified Application software Engineer AND an Apple certified Tech.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

No I would say people that buy apple products are just smarter[emoji6]. And will go without somewhere else to have a quality product that will last for years without any issue. That can't be said for windows computers that are worthless the day after you bought them, and full crap ad's you don't need or want, and freeze up and you causing you to throw it against the wall in anger[emoji12]

Reactions: dgd3
I haven't seen anyone bring up the fact that the majority of all android apps have malware. Last I heard it was over 95% of all mobile apps with malware are android apps. That's enough for me to never own an android device. Windows machines aren't allowed on my home network and on my corporate network we only allow iOS devices to connect. No android for this very reason.

Reactions: dgd3 and joet
There's really no comparison between the two. Apple's products are more then just function but a work of art with build quality far superior to any other product. Androids are on the other hand mostly plastic pieces of crap (unless they copied the aluminum construction of apple's products) and like another person said basically worthless a year later...and the replacing the battery thing that android guys always like to bring up. What's wrong with the android battery's that they always need to replace them anyway? Wait I get it, they blow up sometimes so you need to swap out before that happens[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I've got two old iPad 2's for my kids that still have the original battery's and work fine. And really who is keeping there tablet/iPad or phone that long that needs to replace there battery? Most people get a new phone every 2-3 years maybe sooner and tablets maybe a little longer but the battery should last that long. I know everyone of my iPads and iPhone I've bought over the years has. And didn't Samsung or LG or maybe it was htc who knows but one of them went to a non-replaceable battery[emoji848] weird...while the iPads battery is a bit harder to replace it can be done, but the iPhones battery can be done pretty easily and if you don't want to do it yourself there are many small companies that will do it pretty cheap...

I've had about 6 Android tablets and phones and never had a problem with the batteries.
I currently use a Galaxy Tab 2 which is exclusively for my Phantom.

I haven't seen anyone bring up the fact that the majority of all android apps have malware. Last I heard it was over 95% of all mobile apps with malware are android apps. That's enough for me to never own an android device. Windows machines aren't allowed on my home network and on my corporate network we only allow iOS devices to connect. No android for this very reason.

Never heard that before
Probably a rumor started by Apple

Reactions: flpholt
fanboys is so laughable

Nope everybody knows when you have a "open source" phone like the android guys like to brag about you open the door to malware. You can't have one without the other. That's why windows computers are always getting them and freezing up or slowing down. One of my MacBooks is from 2008 and running the currant operating system great. Not as fast as a new MacBook but a 1000 times faster and smoother then any windows computer that old. Not to mention it's still worth money unlike a windows piece of crap computer. There's a reason they say once you go MAC you never go back. I used to own windows computers cause I thought too like so many Macs are too much money. That is until I bought my first one and I wish I never would have waited so long. Night and day. User friendly, fast, smooth, no malware, no pop ups, and just works like it's suppose to. You Mac guys know what I'm talking about[emoji106]

Is that a fact?
Hmm, I've used Android phones for 7yrs and never had a malware issue. They do slow down sometimes, grant you that, but that's due to memory shortage, running out of it. My wife's had several issues with her iPhones, but generally they are a good phones too. I personally can't tolerate the text editor on iOS (iphone or ipad), way to cumbersome compared to Android. That said, I use iPads exclusively to fly my Phantoms frolics. Android tablets didn't work very good for me a year ago to fly P3P. Whatever works best, that's what I use.

I've never heard anyone complain about the text editor on iPhones before[emoji848] and to not buy one because of that[emoji849] iPhones are so user friendly i can't imagine androids are easier to use for anything[emoji14]

I'm an information security professional and will not use Android on the basis of what I know of the state of malware development and deployment for Android. Couple that with the fact that security patches and OS upgrades can be delayed by both the phone manufacturer AND the wireless carrier, and you could be left vulnerable for months or longer. When there is a security issue with iOS, the patch is available to every device owner rapidly.

Once you get past the security issue, it really is a matter of price and preference. I prefer iOS devices to everything I've seen in the Android world. I greatly prefer the iPhone's screen to the Samsung's, for example. I find the Samsung screen to be oversaturated and cartoon-like. I won't say that Samsung is BAD, however.. Just not my preference.

I firmly believe in using the right tool for the job. I use Windows on the desktop (price/performance/flexibility) and am comfortable with taking the steps required to mitigate viruses and other malware. I use a triple-headed monitor setup and don't even want to know how much it would cost to set this up in a Mac context. That being said, the Macbook Air is one of my favorite laptops ever. However, work gave me a Lenovo Yoga and I like that quite a bit.

I will generally agree that Apple's integrated design of the hardware and software produces a more stable and consistent platform - and makes things much easier for app developers - which is why you generally see apps come out for iOS before Android. Device fragmentation in Android also plays a role here. However, the fact that Android is open-source is not the real issue behind the spread of malware. Google's more lax attitude in checking what goes into the Play store is more responsible for that. Another recent example: Data-Stealing Malicious Apps Found in Google Play Store - it is essentially unheard of to find malware in the Apple App Store because they vet the apps much more rigidly.

So use what you prefer and can afford.. I have a hard time understanding anyone who says, "I will never use _______" and believes that everyone should feel the same way. I may never use Android, but I'm not going to tell you that you're wrong for doing so. (See: Ford vs. Chevy).

Reactions: Phill2
Nope everybody knows when you have a "open source" phone like the android guys like to brag about you open the door to malware. You can't have one without the other.

Linux is open source and there is very little malware that will run those OS's but you are right. Windows has the market share that is why malware is created for them, more targets. That and that miserable registry will keep Microsoft slow and 2nd to Apple until they decide to reengineer the OS.
I don't have it in me anymore to deal with malware- Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Woah! Razor to an iPhone? Welcome to new age buddy! Here we have flying machines and no more commercials on TV!

What? NO commercials on TV??? GTFO-here!!

BTW ... it's ma'am (or "miss", or "Ms", or "madame", or "Queen of f*ing everything", or "Hey Lady!" in a Jerry Lewis voice), but not "buddy"!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31