Apple vs Android

Apple or Android? Which one do you use?

• Total voters
For sure Apple devices are overpriced
Agreed. However, they almost always work as expected right out of the box and the fit and finish on their products is impressive. For those reasons, I don't mind paying the Apple tax.

Agreed. However, they almost always work as expected right out of the box and the fit and finish on their products is impressive. For those reasons, I don't mind paying the Apple tax.
Apple tax is certainly the right way to put it.
They have to pay for all that advertising in some way

I would never own an iPhone, I just can't get along with the limitations (no replaceable battery) and the funky text editor, its just cumbersome compared to my Android (currently using LG-G5). However I will only use an iPad to fly my Phantoms, because they work the best IMO.

A year ago I tried 3 different android tablets because that's my preferred OS, even the most expensive high res Samsung. Two weeks of work, buying and returning. I couldn't get them to work right, too much lag, even with all the tricks, deletions and special settings that were advised in this forum. No joy.

So I tried my wife's iPad, it worked perfect, minimal lag, decent brightness, good response. That was 14 months ago. Maybe things have improved on Android devices, but I like the iPad for flying. However I rarely use the iPad for anything else, because of the stupid IOS text editor.

Last edited:
Me, I use an iPad Pro (9.7 inch). I've used Mac laptops for years, so the iPad was the logical choice for me. I have zero experience with android, so I can't compare platforms. I find the iPad works very easily and seamlessly with the Phantom.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I would never own an iPhone, I just can't get along with the limitations (no replaceable battery) and the funky text editor, its just cumbersome compared to my Android (currently using LG-G5). However I will only use an iPad to fly my Phantoms, because they work the best IMO.

A year ago I tried 3 different android tablets because that's my preferred OS, even the most expensive high res Samsung. Two weeks of work, buying and returning. I couldn't get them to work right, too much lag, even with all the tricks, deletions and special settings that were advised in this forum. No joy.

So I tried my wife's iPad, it worked perfect, minimal lag, decent brightness, good response. That was 14 months ago. Maybe things have improved on Android devices, but I like the iPad for flying. However I rarely use the iPad for anything else, because of the stupid IOS text editor.

Apple is the only way to go. I've had both... Replacing battery is where all Android guys go... With Apple you never need to replace you battery, nor pull it out to get rid of a frozen screen!

Apple devices are expensive, with good reason. They are the only phone manufacturer that design and build both the OS and the Hardware, obviously this way everything works in perfect harmony. No Adware on the device like Android, and when it's time to upgrade I always sell my devices for top dollar. Android stuff is worthless a year later.

Btw this is comparing a Shield to an iPad mini. iPad minis are the low dollar, low performance in the line up. Compare that shield to a 9.7" iPad Pro. The iPad will kill it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Cactus Wren
I'm wondering how many people are using Apple compared to Android for their Phantoms so I set up a poll to get results. Also wondering about performance differences between the two platforms as I'm thinking of picking up an Apple iPad air 2 or iPad mini 4. Thank you for participating. And fly safe!

Haha
Kan'O'worms bud!

Reactions: Cactus Wren
Btw this is comparing a Shield to an iPad mini. iPad minis are the low dollar, low performance in the line up. Compare that shield to a 9.7" iPad Pro. The iPad will kill it.
Why is it that so many of you apple boys always want to compare the best that apple has to a mid grade Nvidia Shield? Are you just scared of equal priced units or what? When comparing items, you compare both the size and price. So try the best apple has - Apple 12.9-inch iPad Pro - Wi-Fi + 4G - 128 GB - Gold - 12.9"

to one of the best Microsoft has like the Surface Pro 4 which comes in many configurations and includes the keyboard and pen that has to be bought separately from apple - The surface pro 4 low end is - Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - Core i5 6300U 2.4 GHz - 4 GB RAM - 128 GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Silver - 12.3" and the higher end is
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Tablet - 12.3" - PixelSense - Wireless LAN - Intel Core i7 Dual-core (2 Core) 2.20 GHz - Silver - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD -

I'm sorry that you guys always want to try and sell your apple biased comparisons but the truth be told, they both still work just fine...
iPad Pro vs Microsoft Surface Pro 4: Rise of The Hybrids

Why is it that so many of you apple boys always want to compare the best that apple has to a mid grade Nvidia Shield? Are you just scared of equal priced units or what? When comparing items, you compare both the size and price. So try the best apple has - Apple 12.9-inch iPad Pro - Wi-Fi + 4G - 128 GB - Gold - 12.9"

to one of the best Microsoft has like the Surface Pro 4 which comes in many configurations and includes the keyboard and pen that has to be bought separately from apple - The surface pro 4 low end is - Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - Core i5 6300U 2.4 GHz - 4 GB RAM - 128 GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Silver - 12.3" and the higher end is
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Tablet - 12.3" - PixelSense - Wireless LAN - Intel Core i7 Dual-core (2 Core) 2.20 GHz - Silver - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD -

I'm sorry that you guys always want to try and sell your apple biased comparisons but the truth be told, they both still work just fine...
iPad Pro vs Microsoft Surface Pro 4: Rise of The Hybrids

Omg did you just bring up the Surface compared to the iPad Pro 12.9"? lol. Good times!

I have my surface for work, and holy smokes what's steaming pile of crap it is. Oh and I can use it for phantom because well, it weighs the same as a small car!

Pound for pound the iPad Pro smokes every tablet on the market. For $1,029 it's well worth it! I used it for my drone, for lots of work functions, to draw, animate and make movies, oh and I also record music on mine.

Oh and the surface of equal specs costs more? lol.

The shield and a iPad mini are not a fair comparison. The shield and an iPhone 6s is or the iPad pro 9.7".

Face it... Android is loaded with bloat ware, slow and choppy. Inconsistent and no resell value.

Dude go the sole route. Even people that aren't Apple people use apple for drones! They simply cannot be beat.

Oh and I can find lame YouTube so called experts that say the opposite... We both know that.

Hey can you even take your android device on an airplane anymore? My flight last week they were checking in Samsung phones and giving them back at the end of the flight!

Oh and I can find lame YouTube so called experts that say the opposite... We both know that.

Hey can you even take your android device on an airplane anymore? My flight last week they were checking in Samsung phones and giving them back at the end of the flight!

Once again you're just talking apple up and in reality the ipad mini 4 being twice the price of an Nvidia Shield is still the closest comparison.

You said, "I have my surface for work, and holy smokes what's steaming pile of crap it is. Oh and I can use it for phantom because well, it weighs the same as a small car!"
Well here's the actual specs -
nb-2-top-chart-pro-vs-pro-march16.jpg

2.37lbs to 2.33lbs... is pretty equal, which is what I am saying and backed with the facts above, not your made up apple fantasy...

Once again you're just talking apple up and in reality the ipad mini 4 being twice the price of an Nvidia Shield is still the closest comparison.

You said, "I have my surface for work, and holy smokes what's steaming pile of crap it is. Oh and I can use it for phantom because well, it weighs the same as a small car!"
View attachment 65573

2.37lbs to 2.33lbs... is pretty equal, which is what I am saying and backed with the facts above, not your made up apple fantasy...

Have you actually seen a surface and a iPad pro? The surface is twice as thick, and as far as I can see it wont work for drones.

It's not a real tablet. It's a PC. I rarely let it go into tablet mode... Because it's choppy and slow. Just like android!

The surface is a tank compare to the iPad pro. Trust me.

As for the iPad mini being twice the price? You can get a new iPad mini for $299? I think the shield is $200? iPad = works consistently, Shield =Inconsistent!

View attachment 65573

On my scales! This morning!
aee65ceb8d85242e961535d9f2a0d612.jpg
fe339e6f98e228c29c5b5426ad92d58e.jpg
ea088c3492c565aba235560e7d62b20e.jpg

The surface is a decent office PC, but nothing more than that.

The iPad Pro's best rival probably is the Samsung Galaxy for build quality, price point etc. not the shield. Everyone compared the shield to the iPad mini because it's the closest in price, but the iPad mini is what I give my 7 and 9 year old daughters.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20