Apple Store?

Reaction score
Anyone know when apple stores will be receiving Mavics?

Some stores will have them in stock on the release day if they didn't already sell all of their units as preorders.

Some stores will have them in stock on the release day if they didn't already sell all of their units as preorders.

That's an optimistic statement, DJI stated in-stores November 2nd...

upload_2016-9-30_20-19-43.png

I noticed Best Buy has moved their DJI stuff around a couple of days ago so something is up. Used to have a large TV demo in their spot of some Phantom flights, but it is gone too. They were changing the GoPro area too so maybe the Karma was going there.

When Nikon came out with their D800, BB had them in stock early and some were in the manager's office. B&H Photo had a lot of pre-orders and they were slow to receive stock by months. I got my first Nikon D7000 before the time it was to go onto the BB floor from the manager's locked office. Apple Store may get them early too like their phone releases, but you have to know someone too.

I noticed Best Buy has moved their DJI stuff around a couple of days ago so something is up. Used to have a large TV demo in their spot of some Phantom flights, but it is gone too. They were changing the GoPro area too so maybe the Karma was going there.

When Nikon came out with their D800, BB had them in stock early and some were in the manager's office. B&H Photo had a lot of pre-orders and they were slow to receive stock by months. I got my first Nikon D7000 before the time it was to go onto the BB floor from the manager's locked office. Apple Store may get them early too like their phone releases, but you have to know someone too.

I doubt that of all companies, Apple Store would break an official street date, which is November 2nd. You'll be more in luck with online retailers and grey markets.

I doubt that of all companies, Apple Store would break an official street date, which is November 2nd. You'll be more in luck with online retailers and grey markets.

Wasn't true for B&H with the Nikon D800E release.

Small mom and pop camera shops got the D800E early. Speculation was B&H also dealt with gray market and Nikon USA withheld stock back from them for months. There were a lot of angry pre-orders with B&H thinking they would have stock first, but didn't turn out that way. I got my D800E in May of that year from a small shop in Roseville, CA and a lot of B&H orders didn't begin shipping until Oct/Nov. A lot cancelled and went to Amazon too who also had some early on. If they don't order enough for mail-order stock and you are a pre-order it can drag out verses hitting a store or asking for a chain stores in-house inventory. Least Amazon diversifies their orders among suppliers so they have a broader base to fill orders from if not in their warehouse.

Not to mention you may not have a warranty at all with gray market goods, but rather have to deal in-house and pray.

Wasn't true for B&H with the Nikon D800E release.

Small mom and pop camera shops got the D800E early. Speculation was B&H also dealt with gray market and Nikon USA withheld stock back from them for months. There were a lot of angry pre-orders with B&H thinking they would have stock first, but didn't turn out that way. I got my D800E in May of that year from a small shop in Roseville, CA and a lot of B&H orders didn't begin shipping until Oct/Nov. A lot cancelled and went to Amazon too who also had some early on. If they don't order enough for mail-order stock and you are a pre-order it can drag out verses hitting a store or asking for a chain stores in-house inventory. Least Amazon diversifies their orders among suppliers so they have a broader base to fill orders from if not in their warehouse.

Not to mention you may not have a warranty at all with gray market goods, but rather have to deal in-house and pray.

I did not advise of doing so, was just saying that no Apple Store will break street date, if DJI said November 2nd in Apple Stores, that's what it's gonna be, period.

B&H and the likes are different I guess.

That's an optimistic statement, DJI stated in-stores November 2nd...
Nice find.

I wasn't really basing it on optimism. It's exactly what happened on DJI's previous launch -- the Phantom 4. Some Apple stores accidentally sold them to people a few days before the release day. Many others who preordered through Apple received them via mail on the release date. And, a few others got lucky and bought them in the store on the release day.

Perhaps DJI switched things up this time to try to get more people to buy from the DJI Store. If so, they probably should have made those available in store dates a little more public to try to rake in some extra business.

yeah i remember with the dji phantom 4 there were a bunch of people here who reported buying the at the apple store a few days early and they were posting reviews, etc.

i'm not saying that it will happen again but there's really no reason to think that it won't. the simple reality is that a dji mavic pro launch is not in the same ballpark as an iphone 7 launch, etc.

yeah i remember with the dji phantom 4 there were a bunch of people here who reported buying the at the apple store a few days early and they were posting reviews, etc.

i'm not saying that it will happen again but there's really no reason to think that it won't. the simple reality is that a dji mavic pro launch is not in the same ballpark as an iphone 7 launch, etc.

Maybe, but seems Apple won't be shipping them before November....Much later than the October 15th shipping date from DJI preorders.

upload_2016-9-30_22-59-28.png

FYI newegg has an official shipping date of 10/18 on their website, which means at least that some officially think they will get it to you on october 18-onwards, if bought online (say if u get 2 days shipping, u get it on the 20.)

Now if they actually do it that way.. personally I'll go check in the apple store in person on the 17 just in case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers