Apple SD Card Reader ( Lightning Connector )

Reaction score
Has anyone imported 4K video shot with a Phantom 4 to either an iPhone 6s Plus or iPad Air 1 using the Apple SD card reader? The videos import fine to both devices, but I get "unsupported video" on the iPad when I try to play and on the phone, it doesn't give the error but just hangs with the loading circle forever.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

d6464b2143d19532b35bda8e18053c77.jpg

Has anyone imported 4K video shot with a Phantom 4 to either an iPhone 6s Plus or iPad Air 1 using the Apple SD card reader? The videos import fine to both devices, but I get "unsupported video" on the iPad when I try to play and on the phone, it doesn't give the error but just hangs with the loading circle forever.

Steve, I had this issue also. Here is what I found. It will play eventually if you save to iCloud. It took it about 3 days for my 4K to play on the iPad and iPhone. I guess it has to convert it. If I try and output it back to DJI Go, it won't let me, but it does eventually play. Give it a few days after uploading to iCloud and see if it works for you. Let me know since I would be interested to see if this worked for anyone else.

The iPhone 6s Plus records video at 4K and plays the recorded footage back fine. It just won't play the imported 4K video from the SD card.

Thanks Nickster. The loading thing does remind me of pulling an old video from the iCloud.

Reactions: Nickster
Another weird thing is that when I attempt to send the videos through iMessage to myself , the sending fails but I can then open and watch the video fine from the Messages app.. Bizarre

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31