App optional day ... (HDMI board)

Reaction score
Just installed the HDMI board on my P3P. In fiddling with it, I've discovered that you really don't need the DJI Go app. Hook up an HDMI monitor and you get the the camera screen, the basic OSD info (battery only as a percentage), GPS signal strength, RC signal strength, altitude, speed, course, flight mode.

You only get video as a recording mode (as far as I can determine) and you can't adjust the video parameters.

I'm sure this comes as no surprise to pilots that have been with the Phantom class UAVs since The Olden Days but I was (pleasantly) surprised.

You still need the app for some settings, but once they are set or checked prior to flight you dont really need the app as you noted. After checking settings, I sometimes fly without a monitor at all just for something different. Also, if something unusual happens and my tablet crashes, I'll sometimes just continue flying without it rather than rebooting. The only thing that makes me nervous with no monitor is the battery level, so of course I'm very careful in that regard and I don't push things nearly as far as I might with a monitor.

Reactions: JoBe
I use Go App just before flying to calibrate compass, check camera settings and after home point is locked, I don't care for Go App, just enjoy flying through HDMI Goggles. Of course sometimes I look at radar of Go App as its not so easy to judge the absolute position of a/c with AZ (not so used to..) and distance.

If there was a way to take stills without the app, I might try that a bit more.

Can't wait to get my goggles so I can look Completely Ridiculous....

If there was a way to take stills without the app, I might try that a bit more.

Can't wait to get my goggles so I can look Completely Ridiculous....
You can always take stills and videos without the app, controls on RC keep working.

HELP.. I just bought a set of Fatshark Dominator v3's and had already installed my HDMI upgrade board in my controller for my Phantom 3 adv.. I went to HD to set it to push the hdmi output and THERE IS NO OPTION!!! Ive seen it in youtube videos but its simply not there. App is 2.6.1 controller is 1.5.70 and the bird is 1.6.40. Any ideas?

HELP.. I just bought a set of Fatshark Dominator v3's and had already installed my HDMI upgrade board in my controller for my Phantom 3 adv.. I went to HD to set it to push the hdmi output and THERE IS NO OPTION!!! Ive seen it in youtube videos but its simply not there. App is 2.6.1 controller is 1.5.70 and the bird is 1.6.40. Any ideas?

I don't have the HDMI module but I read a recommendation by alokbhargava to uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO application after installing the module if it doesn't show up. Have you tried that yet?

I use Go App just before flying to calibrate compass, check camera settings and after home point is locked, I don't care for Go App, just enjoy flying through HDMI Goggles. Of course sometimes I look at radar of Go App as its not so easy to judge the absolute position of a/c with AZ (not so used to..) and distance.
Calibrate compass!! Are you crazy!!

(Come on you knew it was coming!)

Reactions: FrequentFlyer
Calibrate compass!! Are you crazy!!

(Come on you knew it was coming!)
I use DJI go app to calibrate compass, how do you do it? What's so crazy in it? Haha

Try rebooting your device first. If you still don't get success, reinstall the app.

Try rebooting your device first. If you still don't get success, reinstall the app.

I did trying reinstalling but nothing changed. I am going to try to remove and replace the HDMI board on the off chance a ribbon cable is not seated correctly and the controller isnt recognizing it for some reason. Very frustrating.

I don't have the HDMI module but I read a recommendation by alokbhargava to uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO application after installing the module if it doesn't show up. Have you tried that yet?

Thanks but I did trying reinstalling but nothing changed. I am going to try to remove and replace the HDMI board on the off chance a ribbon cable is not seated correctly and the controller isnt recognizing it for some reason. Very frustrating.

How do you use goggles and also look at the go app screen?

How do you use goggles and also look at the go app screen?
Fortunately I use goggle with very low form factor. It sits over my prescription glasses and I can always look down on my RC. This is Mybud ( I had preferred it over Fat Shark and HeadPlay), not a very high quality but it was one of the decent one when I bought it. I see so many new are coming to the market now, all are so tempting, difficult not to spend money :)

Fortunately I use goggle with very low form factor. It sits over my prescription glasses and I can always look down on my RC. This is Mybud ( I had preferred it over Fat Shark and HeadPlay), not a very high quality but it was one of the decent one when I bought it. I see so many new are coming to the market now, all are so tempting, difficult not to spend money :)
Hey thanks alok

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers