App not showing battery percentage or satellites

No point in me replacing the control board if you tried it and it made no difference.

Thanks breweraz, we'll figure it out somehow.

superbee383 said:
No point in me replacing the control board if you tried it and it made no difference.

Have you had any luck with it? I sent my phantom back to DJI via the dealer where purchased, hoping for a quick solution, however I have heard that it could take a long long time before I see the phantom again, of course, I will post what the problem is, as soon as I hear.

P.S did you also have a problem with the tilt? mines wasn't tilting either

skyviewpix said:
superbee383 said:

Have you had any luck with it? I sent my phantom back to DJI via the dealer where purchased, hoping for a quick solution, however I have heard that it could take a long long time before I see the phantom again, of course, I will post what the problem is, as soon as I hear.

Tilt function is not working through the app. however, I could change the angle using the assistant software while connected to the Phantom.

Drone6 said:
skyviewpix said:
superbee383 said:

Tilt function is not working through the app. however, I could change the angle using the assistant software while connected to the Phantom.

It's a strange one, oh well, let's see what the outcome is, DJI will investigate and I'll post the results

skyviewpix,

I can tilt the camera but not showing on the App.
I can't wait to find out what is causing this problem.

Thanks

superbee383 said:
skyviewpix,

I can tilt the camera but not showing on the App.
I can't wait to find out what is causing this problem.

Thanks

Me either, it's going to put the mind at rest, who knows, even DJI may be baffled, seems like a regular problem, a few have posted the same.

Just returned from short range flight. All telemetry is now gone. The only function is the video feed, wifi signal strength and micro sd card capacity. All elevation distance etc. not working now. I will have to rely on line of sight and a watch. Paper airplanes are beginning to look fun now.

Drone6 said:
Just returned from short range flight. All telemetry is now gone. The only function is the video feed, wifi signal strength and micro sd card capacity. All elevation distance etc. not working now. I will have to rely on line of sight and a watch. Paper airplanes are beginning to look fun now.

I know exactly how you feel. This is my new way of flying.

I have this exact same problem... purchased mine from bh at end of december. Same thing with telemetry, tilt, satellite and battery. Only have flown it 10 times or so since january... never crashed. Glad I found this thread. .. thought I was going crazy. I'm using Android app on galaxy s4. Funny thing is until today only camera control and telemetry were issues... and we're intermittent. Now battery and satellite also not showing data. Please share aby fixes!!!!

The issue started about a month or two ago.

Andy

Are these problem unit flying with the newest firmware/app? If so, have you tried rolling back to 1.08 in the firmware and 1.0.38 in the app? Might be worth a shot to narrow it down. Good luck!

App 1.0.40
Cam 1.1.8
Naza 1.08

Very odd issue... booted up in the basement to get info and all functions worked. Next time I turn it on it might not. It wouldn't have anything to do with boot order... cam, wifi, controller, app?

Anyone else experience this?

andyparker said:
App 1.0.40
Cam 1.1.8
Naza 1.08

Very odd issue... booted up in the basement to get info and all functions worked. Next time I turn it on it might not. It wouldn't have anything to do with boot order... cam, wifi, controller, app?

Anyone else experience this?

I think you need this revision from DJI...It should fix the data telemetry problem
Phantom 2 Vision FC200 Firmware v1.1.9
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download

Follow this video instruction carefully.
DJI - Phantom 2 Vision - Camera Firmware Upgrade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_euOoNTqIhU

andyparker said:
Heard bad things about the cam upgrade. Has that been worked out?

Follow the steps exactly...reboot afterwards it should be fine.
The process is necessary to update the Camera...It may work just fine after the revision is done.

Remember...Never disconnect or connect any cable while the Vision Battery is powered on.

I'd watch the video a couple of times before doing the update if you're not real familiar with the process.
Take note how he copies only the necessary file from the zip container when updating.

I may be able to shed some light on the issue. I've recently had the same telemetry problem as everyone else on this thread (no, gps sats, batt, distance, speed, etc...). I noticed that the telemetry would work intermittently when the camera was tilted up as far as the servo would take it. While everything was fired up I jiggled the white 3.5 mm plug and noticed telemetry worked consistently while the plug was pulled in a certain direction. I'm led to believe the problem is with the socket, the socket mount, or the PCB. Tomorrow I'll take the camera apart and further troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks Ted... since it is an intermittent issue I was leaning toward connector. Looking forward to your findings!

Well...after removing the camera cover and inspecting the interior I'm led to believe a number of things...The plug socket is fairly robust (surprised) and I don't believe it's the problem...the PCB is of sufficient thickness to make me doubt it's cracked. When I power up the Vision and jiggle the PCB the telemetry will come back online while I put pressure on it. I'm led to believe there is a loose connection somewhere in the camera and I'll continue to disassemble the camera....continuing saga

Well...I finally figured out why I'm only getting partial telemetry. After disassembling the camera...monkeying around with the connections...dropping, searching for, and finally finding a microscopic screw, I realized the problem is in the white data cable (figures). Specifically, at the elbow of the male portion of the plug. There seems to be a loose connection that can be "reconnected" if I pull the elbow apart a bit. My short-term (and probably very temporary)fix is to wedge a small rolled piece of duct tape and place it between the camera body and the data cable as it makes the 90 degree bend. Maybe something like this: http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__ ... 00mm_.html would be a suitable substitute.

-edit-
I ended up picking this up: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-6Ft-1M-1-8M-3 ... 1c409ea08b It shouldn't be too big of a deal to remove and replace the data cable (famous last words).

ted35 said:
Well...I finally figured out why I'm only getting partial telemetry. After disassembling the camera...monkeying around with the connections...dropping, searching for, and finally finding a microscopic screw, I realized the problem is in the white data cable (figures). Specifically, at the elbow of the male portion of the plug. There seems to be a loose connection that can be "reconnected" if I pull the elbow apart a bit. My short-term (and probably very temporary)fix is to wedge a small rolled piece of duct tape and place it between the camera body and the data cable as it makes the 90 degree bend. Maybe something like this: http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__ ... 00mm_.html would be a suitable substitute.

-edit-
I ended up picking this up: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-6Ft-1M-1-8M-3 ... 1c409ea08b It shouldn't be too big of a deal to remove and replace the data cable (famous last words).
ted35,
Why don't you buy this cable set, it will be plug n play.
http://aerialmediapros.com/store/phanto ... -no22.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20