App not compatible with I-pad 2, or am I being dumb?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im assuming we are all still waiting for the IOS apple download app for our brand spanking new P3's... - Mine is still in its box and i'm just waiting.

However, having looked at the "DJI Pilot" in the app store for the inspire-1, it list the ipad 2 air's, but not the normal I-pad 2.

Does this mean that my normal ipad 2 won't run the app?! - I find it hard to believe as the ipad 2 is a pretty decent device?

Whilst im at it, does anyone have any idea as to when the app will become available?

Many thanks,

Paul

Hi guys,

Im assuming we are all still waiting for the IOS apple download app for our brand spanking new P3's... - Mine is still in its box and i'm just waiting.

However, having looked at the "DJI Pilot" in the app store for the inspire-1, it list the ipad 2 air's, but not the normal I-pad 2.

Does this mean that my normal ipad 2 won't run the app?! - I find it hard to believe as the ipad 2 is a pretty decent device?

Whilst im at it, does anyone have any idea as to when the app will become available?

Many thanks,

Paul

Paul,

I think your ipad 2 might be a little too out of date to run the app.

Bl**dy hell lol.

What's the best/cheapest alternative?
Tons of topics on this already, but since I'm bored.... Moto G is $30 but is a phone and lags, Nexus 7 (2013) is sub-$200, Nvidia Shield is $300. For apple pick up a refurbished version of whatever is on the approved device list.

Or a new one for $300.

Tons of topics on this already, but since I'm bored.... Moto G is $30 but is a phone and lags, Nexus 7 (2013) is sub-$200, Nvidia Shield is $300. For apple pick up a refurbished version of whatever is on the approved device list.

Thanks bbfpv,

Can it be assumed that the same devices for the inspire one, will work for the p3? - If so i will buy an ipad air tomorrow...

"
DJI Pilot App
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus."

I bought a new 32GB Apple iPad Mini2 (Wi-Fi + Cell, Model #: MF080LL/A) from Amazon for $359.99. Of course that's when I stupidly assumed DJI would have an iOS version of the Pilot app available on or before launch.

Whilst on the subject of vaporware... I've never owned an Android device but an updated nVidia Shield (due July or Aug) with a Tegra X1 processor (along with all the existing I/O's of the present tablet) will be very tempting. The current Shield seems to be the preferred tablet for many Inspire pilots.

Thanks bbfpv,

Can it be assumed that the same devices for the inspire one, will work for the p3? - If so i will buy an ipad air tomorrow...

"
DJI Pilot App
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus."
yes.

I bought a new 32GB Apple iPad Mini2 (Wi-Fi + Cell, Model #: MF080LL/A) from Amazon for $359.99. Of course that's when I stupidly assumed DJI would have an iOS version of the Pilot app available on or before launch.

Whilst on the subject of vaporware... I've never owned an Android device but an updated nVidia Shield (due July or Aug) with a Tegra X1 processor (along with all the existing I/O's of the present tablet) will be very tempting. The current Shield seems to be the preferred tablet for many Inspire pilots.
I'm having no problems w/ the current Shield and while I'm all for upgrading, I don't see how an X1 will improve on the existing experience. That said, a new Shield will mean the old shield gets cheaper, so win win.

It will only be a week or so though Randy? Hang on in there pal!

I posted a guide on how to install the app on older ios devices... unfortunately its already been tested on the ipad mini (same A5 chip as the iPad 2), and the video runs slow on an inspire, Maybe the new version of the app to be released is more optimised who knows... anyways heres the thread if you would like to try yourself: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-install-ios-app-on-older-devices.39985/

I posted a guide on how to install the app on older ios devices... unfortunately its already been tested on the ipad mini (same A5 chip as the iPad 2), and the video runs slow on an inspire, Maybe the new version of the app to be released is more optimised who knows...

I wouldn't hold my breath.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I'm so confused. You are still downloading an old app. Why use Funbox? The app will install on its own? what am I missing? A Funbox commercial? An app that does nothing? please explain.

I'm so confused. You are still downloading an old app. Why use Funbox? The app will install on its own? what am I missing? A Funbox commercial? An app that does nothing? please explain.
iFunbox installs the .ipa file onto your device and bypasses the "hardware not compatible message" which shows up when trying to install from the phones app store or itunes

iFunbox installs the .ipa file onto your device and bypasses the "hardware not compatible message" which shows up when trying to install from the phones app store or itunes
Right, but how does this help? The app isn't ready for the P3. Also, why install on a device that is not advised? It won't work as advertised. Why bother?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.