App for IPad mini

Reaction score
I bought an IPad mini and had used Android prior. I am really new at this but several people suggested I try a refurbished IPad. I was reading some of the comments and concerns regarding the Apple I Pad app listed on the DJI website. There was only one App for the P4 standard

I really need your advise as reading the rating they get 2 stars which is very low and my lack of knowledge worries me that I could have issues that I might not recover from.

Any suggestions please

I use an iPad mini 2 with my p4 and not had any problems with it. Cant imagine a refurb one one make any difference. What concerns have you got?

I was reading some of the comments and concerns regarding the Apple I Pad app listed on the DJI website. There was only one App for the P4 standard
I really need your advise as reading the rating they get 2 stars which is very low and my lack of knowledge worries me that I could have issues that I might not recover from.
Look at the reviews of any app and you'll find lots of people giving low ratings.
Particularly with something technical like a Phantom/
There are people that don't or can't read the manual and have issues and blame DJI and the app for their own problems.
The DJI Go 4 app is a fine program and works very well despite the negative reviews that mostly tell more about the person giving it than the app.

As long as it's an iPad mini 2 -(not the original mini)- you'll have no problems. DJI GO 4 is a great app, and works well.

I use an iPad mini 2 with my p4 and not had any problems with it. Cant imagine a refurb one one make any difference. What concerns have you got?
I saw only 2 star rating and claims of disconnect and fly away. Refusing to return etc. What I bought was refub IPad Mini 2 with 32 GB wifi only. I have not tried it yet I just downloaded to Ipad.

There was also some negative comments on this site and not sure if app was buggy

Thanks for your reply. Is there any big advantage IPad ver Android I had Nexbook and while I have limit experience I thought I would try the IPad and was able to get a factory refab with 32 G for $175 only problem was wifi only.

Have you ever tried one of the GPS locators. Not sure how they work on what tablet needs

The problem with the app isn't really down to the iPad mini. Granted when the go 4 app was launched it was rubbish. I had disconnection problems at first but this was down to the app and not the iPad. When the p4 disconnected it returned home.

Reactions: WalterPDean
Thanks for your reply. Is there any big advantage IPad ver Android
Apple vs Android is like blonde vs brunette. They can both be good.
The biggest issue with Android is that there are so many different tablets in a variety of specs.
If you try to run the app on a sub-standard machine it won't work well but on a good tablet it's just fine.
The Apple devices are much more standardised and it's just the earlier versions that aren't powerful enough.

Reactions: WalterPDean
Many thanks for all your help and work. I really appreciate it. I just hope not to be a pest

The problem with the app isn't really down to the iPad mini. Granted when the go 4 app was launched it was rubbish. I had disconnection problems at first but this was down to the app and not the iPad. When the p4 disconnected it returned home.
Thanks hope to try tomorrow. I have not used IPad before but I guess there are + and - with every O/S. On a learning curve so again many thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl