app for 2.4ghz datalink

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is any work being done on an app to make better use of the dji datalink? Seems all of DJIs efforts (and third party programmers) are focused on the Inspire and phantom 3 making the phantom 2 seem like a dinosaur. Its too bad because hardware-wise it should be able to do everything that the phantom 3 can with the exception of shutter control of the gopro. Would love to see a datalink app groundstation for a phone rather than tablet.. Also would love to see the different modes that we are now seeing on the phantom2 (follow me, orbit etc.) Technically you should be able to do mapping and even shutter control as well with a small hardware addition.

I still prefer the analog video feed over wifi video which is why I still prefer the phantom 2 over the phantom 3.

My feeling is that DJI will end up building more and more out-of-the-box solutions to reach the main public (and the largest market). The 'old' DIY solutions allow for too many combinations that are harder to maintain in the long run. Fixed configurations, like the P1 and I1 are a dream for manufacturers.

I read some rumors about a P3 without a camera, so maybe I'm wrong. But I also read about controlling the GoPro with the H3-2D in 2013. And how did that work out for us? :rolleyes:

Btw, I found the P3 video feed somewhat dissapointing. It stutters and blocks very often. A friend of mine has it, but I also prefer the analog video; it feels more realtime.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub