App Disconnections very disconcerting

The problem lies within your tablet or the cable, try different tablets and cable.

If that does not solve the problem then it's a issue with the Phantom! Do you have any other tablets or smartphones ? With different cables

Have tried different cables, its 100% not the cable...now heading to the mall to swap the ipad mini 2 to the samsung galaxy pro tablet.

I am more than worried now though, as just read Dave's post on here above.

Wow, that is strange. I have an iPad Mini 2 I bought just for my P3P and 10 flights down with no disconnects. Same firmware. Is it WIFI or Cellular? Did you try airplane mode? I don't put mine in airplane but I do turn off wifi before flying.

Tried with airplane mode, without airplane mode, tried with wifi on, without wifi on, tried with 3g/4g on, without 3g/4g on... tried different cables... will try with a different tablet tonight or tomorrow.

WOW that blows.

My cheepo $119 Asus meno 7 seems to be working perfectly and the only time The app crashed was one time. And after I was done flying and trying to watch on of the cached videos.
Did you get that Asus working on a P3 or just a P2 V3?

Hi Dave,

Oh bugger you tried all of that and its still happening? - I am about to go to the mall and exchange my ipad mini 2 for a samsung galaxy tab pro to see if that helps.

Im pretty annoyed it has to be said...

When I contacted DJI telling them that "I am using app 1.1.1 and firmware 1.1.8 all updated and here is my problem" their response (some 4 days later via email) was "please update the firmware to version 1.1.8 before using the app" - I mean seriously!!!!!

Don't replace the tablet to try to fix this. I'm using an Android tablet and am getting the same issue. I'd hate for you to go through all that hassle only to discover that it's not the tablet. Try the Livesupport chat instead of email. Then they have to get past the stupid "update the firmware" troubleshooting steps. Those online support people are usually only there to weed out 90% of the issues out there that are all due to user error. Whenever they encounter a real problem they have to escalate it to the actual DJI people (they're likely all contracted).

On my Nexus 9 I only get disconnect problems if I have the power button on the bottom in the tablet holder. It gets better if I run the wifi off, but there are still random signal drops. If I orient the tablet with the power button on top, no disconnects or random signal drops.

Challenge is I need the power button on the bottom to use a sunshade. Wondering if I need to work a piece of copper into my sunshade now.

My cheepo $119 Asus meno 7 seems to be working perfectly and the only time The app crashed was one time. And after I was done flying and trying to watch on of the cached videos.

Did you get that Asus working on a P3 or just a P2 V3?

I have it working for the P3 pro. and also I use it for my phantom vision as well.
Its also even has its own real GPS in it So I can use all the features in the p3 and the p2v apps. Tho its a wifi only tablet so If I want to use the maps I just have to pre cache them before I fly if I am going to be some place with no wifi to get the Google maps from.

Not sure if this will help but I also had the frequent disconnects/no signal. I changed the video settings to custom and chose channel 13. Also played with transmission but didn't ultimately notice a difference. Video still "blinks" but don't seem to be losing signal like before.

Tech Specs:
Phantom 3 Advanced
iPhone 6 plus

Used in rural small town where we still have 100s of acres of fields within town limits.

I have it working for the P3 pro. and also I use it for my phantom vision as well.
Its also even has its own real GPS in it So I can use all the features in the p3 and the p2v apps. Tho its a wifi only tablet so If I want to use the maps I just have to pre cache them before I fly if I am going to be some place with no wifi to get the Google maps from.
That is good to hear. I am frustrated cause I can't get the pilot app to work with my Samsung galaxy S 5 and my P3A. I guess I'll have to consider "your" Asus as a fix. But just to clear my head, I'm going to fire up my P2V3, that works great with the S5 and the vision app. Sux I have what so many folks are still waiting for, but I don't feel comfortable enough to put it up. Wish me luck.. Flying in Vegas no wind perfect day. Thanks for your quick response Al

Don't replace the tablet to try to fix this. I'm using an Android tablet and am getting the same issue. I'd hate for you to go through all that hassle only to discover that it's not the tablet. Try the Livesupport chat instead of email. Then they have to get past the stupid "update the firmware" troubleshooting steps. Those online support people are usually only there to weed out 90% of the issues out there that are all due to user error. Whenever they encounter a real problem they have to escalate it to the actual DJI people (they're likely all contracted).

update:

I went to the mall today to try and swap the ipad mini 2 for something else. The shop wouldn't let me as the ipad had been registered and used a couple of times in my name. It wasn't an apple shop so i couldn't exchange it.

Tonight I used my friends ipad 2 air, a "step up" if you will from my ipad mini 2 (non-air) to test if it was just my tablet. I also used his cable not mine (though they are the same cable effectively).

Exact same problem :-(

Im kinda stuck here guys, DJI support are being useless, my dealer says swap it for an android (but i cant exchange the ipad so would have to pay extra, AND theres no guarantees it will solve the problem either).

Take it back to the dealer and demand a replacement drone? - I think it's obvious that for whatever reason the machine is causing the app to disconnect, not the cable and not the tablet itself...

Many thanks.

borrow an android device. if it works, sell your brand new mini on ebay, buy an android device, problem solved.

Trying an android device tonight, will update later. If it doesn't work though, then what?!
If an Android tab has the same issue, the only thing left to switch out would be the controller. Assuming you don't know anyone else with a P3 that you could borrow a controller from, and since it appears you've tried everything else imaginable, the only thing left to do is send her back I think.

Not sure it is the same problem, but my app locks up whenever I lose signal. I have to restart the app to get the video feed working again.

At least the return home has been working.

If an Android tab has the same issue, the only thing left to switch out would be the controller. Assuming you don't know anyone else with a P3 that you could borrow a controller from, and since it appears you've tried everything else imaginable, the only thing left to do is send her back I think.

Hi BBFPV,

Do you know if a samsung galaxy s4 with android 5.0.1 is compatible? Or an HTC one Mini with 4.4.2?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20