Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

App crashing

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by pault, Jan 11, 2014.

1. pault

I want to try to use my 7" tablet for the telemetry link. The only one downside is that it is not as stable as the smartphone and is prone to the occasional crash. Am I right in thinking this should not affect the flight as the tx is talking to the PV2 by rf ? Therefore all I would lose is the ability to use the camera.

2. Ksc

Ksc

You should be able to reopen the app and continue the FPV feed. At least you can with an iPhone

3. garygid

For this use, seeing the FPV, try turning off other unnecessary applications,
    set Airplane mode, and use the low resolution and rate for the video preview.

4. BenDronePilot

Using a android or iPhone tablet is no less reliable than using the smart phone version. It's all the same thing. Flying the phantom itself and the GPS position hold also are completely independent of the app itself so you don't have to worry if the video feed temporarily freeze. Simply relaunching the app will get you back in. It's a good idea to turn off the wifi on any other device on your person to minimize interference. Also exiting all apps on the device you'll be running the DJI app on as well as doing a full shut down and restart will improve the overall reliability of your device if you have crash concerns.

5. Pull_Up

I can confirm that if your android app crashes, just restart and you'll be back linked in with your FPV and telemetry. It has only happened to me twice, and one of those times was this morning. :) Actual flight performance completely unaffected as has already been said - in fact you can fly with the camera and wifi turned totally if you want (although you've paid the money for it, so I don't know why you would! :lol: )