App crash / RTH

Reaction score
Still very new to flying. We flew yesterday and the dji go app crashed in flight. I did not want to take the time in flight to report the crash unfortunately as my only concern at that time was ensuring control. I restarted the app, and all was good. Total time with the app crashed was about 30 seconds. Using note 5 with cellular services active, WiFi and BT off, voice service on do not disturb. Will ensure I close all other apps before takeoff going forward (not sure if I did have others running but will add to checklist). New note 5, has been extremely stable with plenty of CPU for the app.

If this were to happen again, will the rth button function to enable to p3p took return home, or does that function require the app to be running?

Fortunately the p3p stayed where it was during this incident. But if it happens again, might I be better off powering down the remote to initiate a rth? (Which makes meet tend to think the rth button doesn't need the app, as there p3p knows the home coordinates when it takes off, and what to do if no signal).

Hoping it doesn't happen again of course but want to know in advance the best things to do.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

But if it happens again, might I be better off powering down the remote to initiate a rth?
It's never a good idea to turn the remote controller off when your Phantom is on. You can hold down the RTH button on the remote controller to initiate RTH -- even when the DJI GO app is not running. You could also fly your Phantom back home manually since the DJI GO app is not needed in order to fly.

Awesome. Thanks. It scared the poop out of me when it happened because I had no idea what the rc needs and how much it depends on the app. Best design would be what you just said, which is good. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31