App crash in flight

Reaction score
My first glitch with the bird. Perfectly normal flight in the field behind my house. Just practising my course locks and putting the rig through some banked turns. Did an RTH to see how close it got, about 1 m from home point. So all good but as I was landing I paused into a hover to focus on my landing spot. Then the app crashed. I got some error along the lines of a process called google.com.app crashing. It then rebooted.

Even when it was down I never lost control and the sticks had exactly the same response. Nothing horrible happened. But had this happened when I was further out it would have been much more scary!

Has this happened to you?

My first glitch with the bird. Perfectly normal flight in the field behind my house. Just practising my course locks and putting the rig through some banked turns. Did an RTH to see how close it got, about 1 m from home point. So all good but as I was landing I paused into a hover to focus on my landing spot. Then the app crashed. I got some error along the lines of a process called google.com.app crashing. It then rebooted.

Even when it was down I never lost control and the sticks had exactly the same response. Nothing horrible happened. But had this happened when I was further out it would have been much more scary!

Was happening to me on nexus7 ii it was the play store app, can't remember the error name.....google services. Any way I hope I fixed it have not flowen yet....was it g.app ...shoot old age...

This exact same thing happened to me today, like you say nothing weird happened but i'd of been nervous if it had been further out, latest 1.1.9 firmware and pilot app from the dji website.

Yes I've seen this too, the DJI app seems to restart itself immediately but it has forgotten the flight up to that point (Nexus 7 also)
I think the message is just saying the app has crashed - it only flashes up for a couple of seconds.
It seems to only happen after maybe ten minutes flying, typically you are on the way home so concerning if there's any urgency to get back.

DJI, Take heed corporate money makers, this is a serious problem and needs to be addressed for all of us, especially those of us waiting for the next round of P3P's to show up at our doorstep.

Yes, just got my P3P a few days ago and received this error twice yesterday on my Nvidia shield, running lollipop. Fortunately it was very close to me both times, so I didn't get too freaked out. In both cases the app recovered within 10 seconds and control was maintained, but this does not make me feel very good!! Currently doing a factory reset to see if it has any effect...

That's it...goggle the error its not dji specific its fix able from what I read but have not done the test flight yet.
After goggle(ing), I too noticed the error was not DJI specific. I have tried every fix suggested - clearing the cache, clean the ram, turn off unneeded apps, shut down wifi and bluetooth, etc. All unsuccessfully in remedying the issue. And based on 40+ similar observations on the DJI Forum - I tend to believe this occurrence is DJI specific. IMO

Haven't seen it on the iPad Mini or the iPhone 6+ (yet). But from what I have found it is not DJI specific, and affects other apps also. But you can't be seeing this message on any IOS device as its a Android error message. I have seen my screen blink off and then right back on, sometimes when taking photo's or switching from maps to live view, I just thought it was normal behavior.

hi have had same problem have been told it is to do with Wi-Fi interference??
You could be right, i accidently left the wifi on so could be the cause, never happened before when its turned off.

Could it be as simple as the 2GB cache has been reached?
Maybe it won't do it if you turn off making the backup recording on the device, or turn off the limit and delete old recording manually after a few days.
Makes sense to me since I seem to get it at a similar point late in a longish flight each time.

Has anybody tried to disconnect the tablet after launch? In a nightmare scenario, how will the P3 behave if the tablet and app completely disconnect but the RC stays on? You would hope that it all still works! Even the RTH.

If the tablet and app disconnect your bird will stay put and hover in place. I say that because my iPhone 6 Plus has "rebooted" about 3X in the past 5 flights. I need to figure it out because if I had a long haul back I would need a perfect bearing or I would be screwed.

Has anybody tried to disconnect the tablet after launch? In a nightmare scenario, how will the P3 behave if the tablet and app completely disconnect but the RC stays on? You would hope that it all still works! Even the RTH.
yes it will be ok been told by my local model shop. and they have been about for a lot of years more than 25 plus they do no a great deal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic