AOMWAY HELICAL 12DBI

Reaction score
HI Everyone . Just Received my aomway helical 12dbi my question is I am using it for my radio. modded re700 have not done anything to the phantom vision 2 as far as upgrading antennas will this work good without modding antennas on bird cant seem to find antenna mod for phantom vision 2 using 5.8ghz hav found for 2.4ghz have looked on search using skew plannar for my re700 thanks hope to hear from members here

The helical is a rhcp 5.8 ghz .the 2.4 ghz is a skew planar that is mounted on the re700 .thanks for asking but my question is more about the bird .I have no antenna mods to it all stock .just was wondering if by not doing anything to the phantom would have issues I also have the t link 6 dbi onmi antenna as well just not sure about using the helical or t link thanks have a happy 4 th everyone

hey -

you will get added range by doing the pilot side only. no problem. you can do a pilot side upgrade, bird side upgrade, or both.
for either video feed, or control feed, or both.

if it was me, id cut the 11-turn 5.8 in half about - the 11 turn is going to have a really tight beam width. like a 3-4 turn would be much wider beam, and still get you some D.

what you do need to consider is the skew planar on the re700/the video link. I dunno the antenna orientation of the skew you have. but the stock bird is LHCP on video. so you do not want to use a RHCP unless you change the bird side antennas also. RHCP on one side and LHCP on the other end = -30db losses - I wouldn't even try it.
RCHP or LHCP on one end to a vertical or horizontal on the other end will only lose ~-3db and you will be OK.

it will be best to have all the same kind of antennas as far as polarity goes ' like the helical RHCP you have for 5.8 control would match well with some 5.8 RHCP mushrooms or clovers on the bird side.

hope that helps.

for distance yes the helical should be better

for wide angle projection of beam/signal, the Omni should be better.

think of the Omni like a donut laying flat on a plate. the antenna is in the center of the hole. that's what the radiation pattern of an Omni looks like.

now think of a laser pointer or a flashlight pointing at something. that's what the helical beam radiation pattern looks like.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj