Anywhere to obtain a ribbon cable, except DJI?

Reaction score
My ribbon cable to mini USB broke at the point where the ribbon connects to the mini usb after only five flights. Never had a crash or hard landing.
It is less than a month old so I am going to contact my UK dealer (Heliguy) tomorrow and demand a replacement gimbal or a full refund as I believe it is not fit for purpose and here in the UK Trading Standards will back me up.
I also have the fallback of my credit card company should I need to go that route.

I know I could easily use the spare ribbon cable that was supplied but if I fit that I may be breaking any warranty conditions as I am not a "qualified technician", after all, if you tinker with any other purchased product you render any warranty invalid.

I believe there is a design fault as the ribbon, when plugged into a GoPro, is under tension at the point where it joins the usb and it must also be susceptible to buffeting with wind, etc.

So now I've got that off my chest I was wondering is there anywhere that can supply these cables as if there was I would happily buy a dozen because I think I will need them if I stick with this gimbal in it's current design.

We'll I got lucky. My U.K. supplier, Heliguy, is sending me a replacement cable out in today's post. They did offer to fit it for me but I chose to do this myself to save posting it to them.
Going to strengthen this one with duct tape at the point where it broke which is the join with the mini USB.

The mini USB ribbon is such a weak design. No matter how careful you are, those are going to break. I don't understand why the new version of the H3-3D gimbal has such a poor implementation of connection to GoPros, Taping in the back of the camera was a much more elegant solution.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj