Anyones motor lower than the other 3?

Reaction score
I thought this was odd when I took it out of the box the other day. I've been flying about 20 flights now and it flies good however lot of vibration on the craft. I figured it could be the firmware but got to thinking I recall one motor sits lower than the other 3. Pictures and video is great but the gimble is doing the work.

Anyone else see this on their craft? If I turn the blades no matter what the one motor sits lower. The one blade is lower no matter which way I turn the one blade.

Attachments

• 20150620_065220_resized.jpg
    20150620_065220_resized.jpg
    940.2 KB · Views: 363
Hmmm... kind of hard to tell from that picture. I presume you are talking about the one on the bottom right of the picture?

Perspective makes it difficult to confirm. But in order:
1. Is the motor lower or is the motor on an angle? Rotating the blade would still make the inside lower if it was angled in.
2. If not angled then have you measured the height above the frame? If different then there is an issue with the mounting, possibly noticable by the screws underneath.
3. If the height above the frame is constant then it is the body that is out of whack, but that doesn't seem likely without damage.

When rotated tip to tip if one blade is lower than the other you have a warped blade or you have partially stripped the hub, to rule that out change the low blade to the other motor in the set and check. A motor cannot not sit lower, but the blade can if it is warped or damaged. Put your spare blades on for a test. The mention of high vibration also points to a bad blade.

Put a new blade on the low side and that did the trick, must have a faulty blade.Probably sunk the threads to deep making the blade lower than it should be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20