Anyone with P2V external USB on RC?

Studio, I didn't notice the photo you posted with your early post in this discussion. Did you do that external mounting? I would love to know more about what parts you used/where from. You may have convinced me I may want to do an external micro USB jack like that. Nice work!

BrigGary said:
Big Bull: Where did you order from where they said the RC has an external USB?

I orderred from multirotorheli.ca and was assured before placing my order that the Phantom 2 Vision that he was selling me did indeed have an external USB on the RC transmitter. Well guess what? It arrives and there is no external USB on the transmitter. I thought that I had done my homework and waited about 6 weeks before ordering, hoping to get the newest release possible. I don't think I've seen one post where someone actually has their hands on a Phantom 2 Vision RC transmitter with external USB, so wondering if it really does exist.
On another note, as you start to read the user manual, it directs you to the DJI site tutorial videos that doesn't exist anymore. You would have thought that such a high tech company would be able to come out with some new tutorials for their product. Anyway, I haven't started unpacking it yet, until I hear back from Multirotorheli.ca

From my reading so far I can't figure out why the P2V doesn't have the external jack.

Especially when they had the Phantom controller with external jack already in existence
and waiting to be adapted.

Big Bull, let me know how it turns out with multirotorheli.ca. I am considering ordering from them and would like to know what kind of dealer they are and if they can be trusted

Big Bull said:
I ordered my Phantom 2Vision yesterday, and was assured that the rc transmitter had the external USB jack.

Really? Please post a pic when you get it. I'll have to wait for a rainy day and some spare brew - so I can install an outside plug on mine - because I want it - and I want it NOW. :lol:

Count said:
Studio, I didn't notice the photo you posted with your early post in this discussion. Did you do that external mounting? I would love to know more about what parts you used/where from. You may have convinced me I may want to do an external micro USB jack like that. Nice work!

My apologies Count, I missed your topic reply.

Heres a link to a very similar cable on eBay

And here's the install I did. The top half of the tx has some double sided foam& tape on the back of the battery box, this just grips it further but applies no pressure, it just restricts horizontal movement when the usb cable is plugged in. You will need a male to male usb cable.

Attachments

• 20140114_102108184_iOS.jpg
    20140114_102108184_iOS.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 266

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1