Anyone with a Mac seeing this?

Reaction score
I can't preview DNG's from my P4P in Finder. I can from any other DJI camera to this point. Anyone seeing this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 6.29.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 6.29.21 PM.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 486
Interesting.

Wonder if they require a $1,000 or $500 license fee like the Inspire 2 camera does now with its DNG files?

I'm not sure what program your Mac is using to actually open those RAW files, but as I understand it Photoshop ACR, Lightroom, and other programs that can open RAW photographs must be periodically updated to accomodate new cameras, which would include the new Phantom 4 Pro camera. That may well be the case with Mac Photos, or other programs. There are a number of RAW viewing/editing programs that work on Macs, but they all may require an upgrade to recognize P4P DNG's.

I'm not sure what program your Mac is using to actually open those RAW files, but as I understand it Photoshop ACR, Lightroom, and other programs that can open RAW photographs must be periodically updated to accomodate new cameras, which would include the new Phantom 4 Pro camera. That may well be the case with Mac Photos, or other programs. There are a number of RAW viewing/editing programs that work on Macs, but they all may require an upgrade to recognize P4P DNG's.

Opening them isn't my issue. I use Lightroom and they show up there just fine. It's the thumbnail preview in Finder that went away with the P4P image files. It's worked with every other DJI camera to this point.

On my mac I see the previews immediately and if I click on the spacebar they appear in full glory.
The mac is early 2009 /yosemity.

Rectification: I can see the previews of my P3P and from a Mavic but not from the P4P!!

Last edited:
Inspire 2 Keys... Why?

Some are not too crazy about it. Seems that license was part of the Inspire 1 cameras, but the Inspire 2 cameras the license is separate. Bunch of discussion on the DNG being open source format by Adobe, but seems that idea got changed someplace.
Oh wow ... I gotta look into this more

I'll check up on things once I get my P4P. I do pay for all the Adobe stuff ... Lightroom, Photoshop, Premier Pro ... etc. I wouldn't think I'd have a problem.

You don't need a license to view the CR2 files from the P4P. Just like the Canon 5D mark IV, thumbnail previews won't show up even with updated Camera Raw viewer. They will however, import to lightroom just fine, assuming Lightroom has added the profile for the P4P.

This is typical for all new cameras. I couldn't view a raw file from my mark IV for 2 weeks after I bought it.

You don't need a license to view the CR2 files from the P4P. Just like the Canon 5D mark IV, thumbnail previews won't show up even with updated Camera Raw viewer. They will however, import to lightroom just fine, assuming Lightroom has added the profile for the P4P.

This is typical for all new cameras. I couldn't view a raw file from my mark IV for 2 weeks after I bought it.
I'm looking at selling my P3P's to buy a P4P. I use CS6 to process the RAW's from my Canon 5D MII, but I only have LR3.1 on my MBP Retina, running Sierra. Will I be able to work with the RAW files from the P4P? I don't really want to sign up for Adobe's CC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers