Anyone using the Strong Arm kit from UAVBITS for stress cracks?

So, if you have detachable prop guards, will those also act like the strong arm supports?

Should do the trick. I have the detachable prop guards as well and with the beefed up attachments that actually even recess into the motor mount hole pattern, it firms them up a ton and and most definitely reduces flex in that area. Have flown with them on since day 1 and no problems yet.

Should do the trick. I have the detachable prop guards as well and with the beefed up attachments that actually even recess into the motor mount hole pattern, it firms them up a ton and and most definitely reduces flex in that area. Have flown with them on since day 1 and no problems yet.
The stress crack in my P3 is not one of the motor screw holes though. So the prop guard attachment likely won't help much there.

Good news though, UVA Bits will have a combination support and prop guard attachment very soon.

installed the strong arm before i flew the p3a for the first time.
noticed that the motors are angled, i dont know if this is normal or not? i seen people with strong arms and their motors are angled too. i didnt look at the motors before i installed it... i hope this is normal

They are slightly angled. One thing you need to watch is the screws backing out. Mine were. Fortunately, I kept a close eye on them because there was no thread locker on the screws included. I bought some blue thread locker and put it on. So far it's working.

Reactions: mush
installed the strong arm before i flew the p3a for the first time.
noticed that the motors are angled, i dont know if this is normal or not? i seen people with strong arms and their motors are angled too. i didnt look at the motors before i installed it... i hope this is normal

The motors are suppose to be angled, it is normal. :)

Reactions: mush
We've been recommending the Strong Arm Kits from Gary at UAV Bits over the past few weeks as many who have minor shell cracks would prefer going this route instead of being without their P3 for a few weeks while at DJI. Feedback has been very good thus far. A much faster alternative to a warranty repair/replacement.

Reactions: Joao Carlos
Use blue locktight on the screws to keep them from backing out.

Anyone knows where I can order a set of these type of reinforcement to israel without it costing like 2 sets?

I've just ordered a set today, if you speak to them direct (email/phone) they will advise you on the easiest postal service without it costing a fortune. I paid $6 to get them sent to the UK

Use blue locktight on the screws to keep them from backing out.

It is my understanding that blue locktite should never get near your Phantom as it will react with the "plastic" shell and destroy it. I am using white elmers glue as recommended by Gary from UAV bits himself.

You're right about that but... It's not just 'blue' Loctite. Many (most???) are not safe for plastic.
The packaging will tell you if it's safe or not.

i ordered a set today.
talked to a tech and he said NOT to use thread locker.
he told me to use Finger nail polish.
what color would you suggest?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.