Anyone using the Rc Logger FPV system?

So... no one?

How about any other FPV systems? I would like to find one that is pretty much plug-n-play with the Phantom. Don't want to have to dink around with it once I get it. Want to run a power lead to it. Plug a cable in to the Hero2 output and the tx. Watch the video feed.

Would like to hear from folks that have an FPV systems about what they have and the good/bad points.

Hi!
I've seen the system from a friend of mine but not installed on the drone yet. He showed me it working with the gopro3 and the result is more than decent. The total package is very small and handy so I've already ordered one set for my Phantom and I'll be ready to give you a reliable answer in few days.

cheers!

Alfo

pwright said:
So... no one?

How about any other FPV systems? I would like to find one that is pretty much plug-n-play with the Phantom. Don't want to have to dink around with it once I get it. Want to run a power lead to it. Plug a cable in to the Hero2 output and the tx. Watch the video feed.

Would like to hear from folks that have an FPV systems about what they have and the good/bad points.

Just picked up Fat Shark Attitudes from ReadyMadeRC (70 in stock today last I checked). Mine shipped yesterday. Lots of folks using Fat Shark with Phantom and Hero.

The Fat Shark seems like a pretty good system except I don't want the goggles. I wear glasses and am far-sighted. I guess I could use the video out of the goggles to a separate monitor.

Here I come!
Got the RC Logger System and installed on the Phantom.
I've basically taken the power for the transmitter out of the NAZA F1 port (need to open the top of the Phantom, 12 screws plus blade's nuts, run the power wire through one rubber sealed hole close to the landing gear mount, disconnect the signal wire in the power cord (white wire in my case) and put everything back on place).
I also got an adapter for Gopro3 black edition from mini USB port to RCA video input (got rid of the audio jacks that I don't need, cut the yellow plug and soldered the wire to the one coming now out of the gopro).
The receiver from RC Logger is now positioned behind the gopro mount with double tape and the antenna sticking right in the middle of the landing gears facing down.
I only had one quick fly out of my balcony (yes sir... in the city LOL) and it seems to work great. No interferences at all and real time vision of what the gopro is filming. The screen looks a little too small to have a brave FPV flight in an urban contest first try out... and by the way not too good in the sunlight. I will give it another shot in the next few days if it doesn't rain, test at higher distances and find out if I'll ever be able to fly using the FPV only without looking at the drone directly anymore.

Ciao!

pwright said:
The Fat Shark seems like a pretty good system except I don't want the goggles. I wear glasses and am far-sighted. I guess I could use the video out of the goggles to a separate monitor.

They sell corrective lens for the glasses $15/$20

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj