Anyone using goggles?

Reaction score
Talked to a guy yesterday that uses them and likes them. Of course he can't remember the brand.
phaz

Both the new FatShark Dominator V2 and HD models have HDMI input so a cable from your phone to the goggles is all you need. The V2 has 600X400 dpi optics at 35º FOV and the HD version has 800X600 dpi @ 45º FOV with a price around $375 and $550 respectively. Supposed to be available May 1st. I plan on ordering the V2 as the vision has only a 640X480 video stream. I wold love to demo the difference between the 35 & 45º FOV. I understand 45º is VERY wide with the edges almost out of view.

It's going to be a pain in the a$$ locating the Phantom Vision when the WIFI signal all of a sudden drops or if the app on the phone stalls the steam.
You will remove the goggles from your head, but you will have no clue where the vision is!

Normally with an analog video signal you will see static on the video signal, warning you to turn back / around or climb.

An option would be to take a spotter with you, but not sure if this is the way you want to go!

That's precisely what I've never understood about using those FPV goggles. They seem like a dangerous thing to use, because you can never simply look up and see exactly where your aircraft is. And if you do have to take them off, aside from having to take them off while flying, you'll still have to visually locate the aircraft "cold". Plus, no one else but you can view the FPV.

I don't know. It's pretty cool to fly it "right before your eyes" with the goggles, I guess, but it seems pretty dangerous from an aviation standpoint. I guess if you're tooling around your backyard it's no big deal :)

Not too bad idea. I am looking for goggles too.
Lot of flying in familiar places and I know landmarks there,
also 1 km away there is no help of sighting anyway,

and - mostly I am too lazy to try figure out where P2V camera pointing - if live feed breaks, just flip homelock in, pull right stick back, wait and hear the noise. Thats why Naza is useful and worth using.

Also homelock is my primary mode for long flyouts. Just fly away from homepoint few meters into the direction Your antenna pointing - and push right stick forward, thats it, no need to work hard with sighting.

But I'd like to see wifi signal strenght with phantom, wich shows how good link is. And no way to miss numbers and stuff. Anyhow, close to trees, wires and bridges - no way to use fpv, except framing shots. Too narrow field to see 3d space.

If you are failure with the area any land marks seen via the goggles will tell you where to look if the video is lost, if the area is new you are screwed, just flip to home lock and bring it back until you see or hear it, by then you should have video back as well. Some people complain the 45º is not very wide for FOV, what they don't understand is that is +/- 45º of center, or a total of a 90º view hanging an apparent 7' in front of you. That is like sitting 7' from a 70" HDTV, pretty good view, add a head tracker and you are in business.

I use (very successfully) Zeiss Cinemizer OLEDs http://www.getfpv.com/zeiss-cinemizer-o ... fgodaRsAWg

The price is totally outrageous, but for me, they're the perfect FPV goggles for the Vision. Good resolution (870x500 per eye). There's an optional rubber eye cup that can virtually block out all light, but I find using them without the insert offers better situational awareness because you can see outside if you need to.

They accept any HDMI source, so just get an HDMI adapter for your smartphone or tablet, plug it in, and away you go. The battery life is quite good, as I've never needed to recharge, although I don't think I've ever done more than 2 sorties with them.

Again, very expensive, but if you can afford it and want an excellent FPV solution, there you go.

aonavy said:
you wont be able to use these googles with the vision.
You will be able to use any goggles with the vision as long as the goggles have a hdmi input. Get a hdmi adapter for your phone and a hdmi lead from the adapter to the goggles, simples :)
Another problem is the quality wont be great and they will be almost useless for using to take pics especially taking dng raw format as the goggles will go black for the same amount of time that your phone does while taking the pic

:) I f--ng love science.

Just need to say, - I love all those forum dudes, who make mistakes, tell about them to others, also who having problem - will post later solution, and of course dudes who say " not possible, but can do"

Also, there is no meaning to post "no way" and not any reasonable explanation why. Some things are physically impossible, but some just mentally.

About goggles too: Fatshark HD goggles are not yet out, so Cinemizers looks still best and most expensive solution for me, too.
About taking photos - I didn't though about "shutter view at all before... and how to use app buttons while goggles on.

Now I having potentiometer, so tilting not problem for me. For filming and just flying goggles seems to be good idea.

Cinemizers looks more valuable for me too, because they are good not for FPV only, but just watching 3d videos or just videos too. Propably Fatsharks with different inputs will too. And still Cinemizers look much more "cool" Not like one other project "big letter on Your forehead."

But there is lack of information about videogoggles general, waht these FOV specifically mean and so on (heard about sights "long tunnel and small tv in the end")

... interesting- is that shutter image so nessessary(no changes will happen in the transferred feed, anyway, i guess, no photo is saved INTO the phone)

Just app designer think this is cool animation? Anybody designing apps like this, maybe can tell, is it nessessary at all? Sound might be enough for me...

Not sure how close proximity flying will be due to the delay of the video stream..

__
Sent from my mobile phone. Please excuse for the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

For me, inside 1 km I see yawing as I move stick. also OnlyFPV is not good idea in proximity flying- You cant see just everything.
Too narrow view... but goggle fly is not for proximity fly, I guess...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj