Anyone using FW 1.9.6, Question..

DPD

Reaction score
I'm on FW, AC 1.9.6 RC 1.8, and just to be thorough iPad mini 3. Yesterday I wasn't trying for any distance records or anything like that, just out for a quick flight. I got a distance of 8556.0ft with windsurfer, video was good, but found RC signal not so good, had to increase altitude to improve RC signal. I know that's what I'm supposed to do to increase RC signal, at this point I had to cancel RTH once, and increased altitude to 560ft, was able to fly back without any other problems. I know most people have problems with your video feed, but mine was good, it was the RC signal that was in question here. So finally let me get to my question, should I downgrade to 1.6 on RC, do u think that would help? Thanks in advance for any help...

Before v1.9.60 what AC FW did you had ? Same question for RC FW.

Before v1.9.60 what AC FW did you had ? Same question for RC FW.

Before 1.9.6 I was using AC FW 1.8.8, as for the RC not sure what FW, but it must have been 1.6, or what ever version went with FW 1.8.8. I've always kept up to date with new FW on both AC & RC, this last FW update 1.10.9 I did not do because everything was working just fine. But like I said in my original post, it seems like other people have problems with loosing video first, in my case video was solid, but RC kept dropping and lost signal at least once and RTH kicked in. I cancelled RTH and flew back. Not sure if this is strange or not, that's why I asked...

Hi DPD , my aircraft has 1.9.60 and RC 1.8.0 no issues with signal because a have maxx range anntenna on the RC and like you I did not install latest firmware 1.10.9.

Hi DPD , my aircraft has 1.9.60 and RC 1.8.0 no issues with signal because a have maxx range anntenna on the RC and like you I did not install latest firmware 1.10.9.

Hey Alan, I'm going to fly a few more times before I come to the conclusion that there is something funny going on. Way to windy the next couple of days. By the way, what version of the Go App are u using?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31