Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Anyone using an FPV monitor instead of goggles?

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by Adam, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Adam

Looking to put together my FPV setup for the Phantom, and I think I want to go with a monitor and not the fat sharks. Any suggestions?

2. Sac D

I'd rather have a monitor in front of me (or a really small screen attached to the top of the TX) instead of standing out there looking like Stevie Wonder. But most of the ones I've seen so far don't look like they would be very useful on a bright sunny day.

3. Gizmo3000

:D :lol: :D :lol:

goggles DO make it appear funky.

going with a monitor is def a bit more cost efficient and imagine it doesn't make you feel so isolated away from the copter,
    Imagine on bright days you'd def want to use a hood of some kind to block light and make the screen more visible.

As for which monitor to get, keep in mind that FPV signal is low resolution, so you don't need anything fancy.
    *but you MUST get one that doesn't go into "blue screen" mode when a signal is lost or poor, or you'll be in real trouble fast.

4. Adam

Looking at the ReadyMadeRC 8" monitor for $99. Seems to be very bright from reviews, and no blue screen. Comes wi detachable hood. Was thinking of building it all into a small portable box with its own battery to power everything.