Anyone using a 15 inch or larger screen for FPV?

Reaction score
I think it would be very cool to have a 19 inch FPV screen.

Has anyone overcome the issues yet?

Thanks

I use a 24" Marshall monitor for ground station viewing for the client, and also have a few SmallHD monitors with hand grips on them all have Uno5800 RX's on them.
Works great. Keep in mind I don't use them with the Phantom but It would work.

due to old age eyesight, I went with a 10" HD LCD-LED monitor and with the shoulder strap the extra weight is not bad. I wanted HD with a HDMI input for possible future Lightbridge setup, and I can playback from the gopro thru HDMI adapter in the field. But I had another major motivation in that I am a amateur astronomer and take astro photos thru my scope with a canon dlsr. I can connect the camera thru the HDMI to this monitor to better see if the often faint objects are in focus. The monitor is light but adding the Boscam 832 rec, and battery adds a little weight. I had preferred not to use a self contained monitor for the purpose of having multiple use options for the monitor and makes it easier to change to a different monitor down the road. I personally like the "bigger is better" when it comes to the monitor if you have eyes like mine, now I'm thinking like you, a 12"or 14" may be perfect. I can almost do without glasses with the 10". I wonder what is out there in those sizes in OLED.

PS My son bought me a 40" HD TV to use as my computer monitor, and watching my drone videos on it really is awesome, I think I could fly very well using it if I could get it around my neck (Maybe a golf cart custom setup???)

Thanks for the reply. :D I'm thinking the 40" will be a little big for me.

Perfect world is a 19" mounted to the dash of one of those side-by-side 4 wheelers. We don't have any fairways here on the ranch, much less a green.

Does this look like it does what your "BIG TEN INCH" does? :lol: Sorry dude, I couldn't resist.
http://www.amazon.com/Skyworth-SLTV-191 ... ED+monitor

I found some of those OLED monitors. Yea... nope. $3499.00 and way too big. It may be a couple weeks before they are easy to "cart" around.

Which parts & pieces did you use to get the signal from the GoPro to your monitor?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan