Anyone used the 'New' iPad 2017?... should I get one?

Watching this thread, I've been using the iPad Air 2 and wondering how the new one stacked up using DJI GO

Reactions: scarlett1
Since it has the A9 processor etc, You can w/o any doubt use it for flying with any App of your choice.
The only aspect is the size - the new iPad is the same size as the first gen. iPad Air (so - a small bit thicker than Air 2 or 9,7" iPad pro, but thats OK) - it fits barely in P3A/P remote holder - if you put any cover on ipad, it will be too big.
Since I don't consider to use my iPad pro (9,7) without case/cover, i bought an extension adapter (3D printed, quite cheap).
Another upgrade I did - I hate the plastic mounting arm on P3A RC - when i put in my iPad, it becomes a bit wobbly. So, I upgraded the mount part with cnc-machined aluminium one : Junsi Silver CNC Mount Display Bildschirmanzeige Holder: Amazon.de: Elektronik
Btw, the Inspire RC has aluminum leg, and You can buy it from DJI.
I opted for 3rd party leg due the large flat front part, which adds more rigidity.
Dont get wrong - the original holds too, but the aluminum feels far better.

It's your only non iPad Pro option now as the Air2 is discontinued.

It should work fine. The Air2 has a 3 core processor (replacement model only 2 cores) so the old model is faster in some tasks. The old model also had a laminated screen with additional cover glass for better protection and anti glare coating which outperforms the new model in visibility in bright conditions.

[QUOTE Can anyone share their experience of using the latest iPad '2017'? ....,...P3P.[/QUOTE]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I bought my I PAD at a Verizon store a year ago ( no clue what make or model it is)

I downloaded the "GO" program to both my cell phone and my I Pad. No operational issues.

The much much larger screen of the I Pad, together with the outstand color saturation and resolution, is pretty durn slick. Strongly recommend using a lanyard for the much heavier assembly of I Pad & Controller.

Just bought a "new" iPad. I haven't set it up for use with my P3S yet (I bought a dedicated mini 2 for that) but I could always try it...

The only catch is I also bought the iPad mount sized for a mini so I don't have a mount for the new full sized iPad...

I can still try it, just not mounted. Doubt I'll have a chance before the weekend though unless I do a quick back yard test but that's not really a full evaluation!

I'll watch the thread and help when I can if someone else doesn't get to it first.

need an urgent help ... I fly p4p.. Am considering buying an iPad air 1 (cellular and WiFi) or air 2 (only Bluetooth tethering) .... This is due to financial constrain ... Pls which is more advisable
The Air1 won't run the go app, the A7 processor isn't up to the task unfortunately. The Air2 isn't available new from Apple anymore however you should find a good one in the used market.

Reactions: Johnlekan
For what it's worth, I did download and install DJI Go on my "New" iPad last night (I still feel the need to put that in quotes, just to identify that it's the "New" iPad and not just a new iPad, know what i mean?!) and so far so good...

I didn't unpack the AC from the weekend yet so I didn't try to connect... and besides, the hockey game was WAY to intense last night to be messing with that!!

For what it's worth, I did download and install DJI Go on my "New" iPad last night (I still feel the need to put that in quotes, just to identify that it's the "New" iPad and not just a new iPad, know what i mean?!) and so far so good...

I didn't unpack the AC from the weekend yet so I didn't try to connect... and besides, the hockey game was WAY to intense last night to be messing with that!!

Great stuff... it's kinda looking positive up to now then. Please keep us updated.
Thank you.

Reactions: jwmcgrath
I'm a novice at this. I just bought the DJI Phantom 4 and flew it once using my iphone 5S and it was way to small for my 65 year old eyes. I went to Best Buy a couple of days ago and bought THE new iPad that came out a couple of months ago.
I downloaded the DJI GO 4 app and it worked great. It was a tight fit bit it did fit into the holder on the remote control...I push down and got one click so fits pretty tight and doesn't fall off. It's also much lighter than my very old iPad.
Hope this helps.

I'm a novice at this. I just bought the DJI Phantom 4 and flew it once using my iphone 5S and it was way to small for my 65 year old eyes. I went to Best Buy a couple of days ago and bought THE new iPad that came out a couple of months ago.
I downloaded the DJI GO 4 app and it worked great. It was a tight fit bit it did fit into the holder on the remote control...I push down and got one click so fits pretty tight and doesn't fall off. It's also much lighter than my very old iPad.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info LJM.

So you were happy with it, yes? A solid flying experience? No lagging or delay with the video signal? Etc?

I'm getting closer to taking the "NEW" iPad plunge!

Like for most of us $300 is a lot of money...but for me having a large screen is worth it. I checked around for a mini 2 and found a used one for $200 but kind of reluctant to buy something used from a stranger. I went to Best Buy and saw they advertised a new one for $269... I said I'll take it but they were out of stock and could not get anymore because they were phasing them out. Then the salesman suggested the brand new iPad. The sale price was $299. He got one out and I was surprised how light it felt. He told me that if for any reason I could return it within 15 days. I'm glad I did. No problems so far. No lagging.

Reactions: BigAl07
I'm seriously considering going ahead and upgrading my tablet from the Mini-2 (which has been flawless) to the "New" iPad.

Full size? I'd think they are just too heavy?

SB

Yes most definitely full size for us. Size isn't a problem (well up to a point) because 1/2 the time someone in my company is holding the tablet and the other 1/2 of the time the tablet is in the Command Case by Titan Drones. Rarely am I in a position where I'm holding the Tx & Tablet and if I am it's not for a long period of time.

Reactions: Sagebrush

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers