Anyone use UHF - 432 Ghz? Or Taranus X9D Plus?

Reaction score
Hi Gang, I've been thinking of buying a transmitter that will work with my phantoms and other RC craft. While looking at the FrSky Taranis X9D (16channels) I noticed that you can put a 432 module in it.

The claim is that it increases the control link range. What do you think about 2.4Ghz versus 432Ghz? I'm going to look into the claims and I'll add that here. But, I wanted your thoughts, even if you don't use UHF.

Mods, I hope this is okay for general. If not, I'm sure I'll find out! :)

432GHz would provide awfully short range. Maybe 20 ft or the first tree whichever comes first. But I will give you the typo that you mean 432MHz.
432MHz is in the Amateur Radio 70cm band and you need a ham license to use it. It's easy to get. Your control range would be a lot longer than 2.4GHz. A mile or more would not surprise me. That alone may justify the added cost if the Rx is compatible with the Phantom.
Can you post the link you are looking at? I don't see this on the FrySky website.

SteveMann said:
432GHz would provide awfully short range. Maybe 20 ft or the first tree whichever comes first. But I will give you the typo that you mean 432MHz.
432MHz is in the Amateur Radio 70cm band and you need a ham license to use it. It's easy to get. Your control range would be a lot longer than 2.4GHz. A mile or more would not surprise me. That alone may justify the added cost if the Rx is compatible with the Phantom.
Can you post the link you are looking at? I don't see this on the FrySky website.

Yes, I meant 432Mhz. Sorry. I've had a ham license since age 12. I went from Novice class, to General and Advanced in 6 months. Back then, you had to know morse code. Five words a minute for Novice, up to 20WPM for Advanced. I wish they hadn't gotten rid of the morse code requirement.

Anyway, I was reading of a 432Mhz module for the above mentioned radio. I have a Futaba 9Z with both a 50Mhz and a 2.4Ghz module. I have a 50Mhz receiver too. Also a ham frequency. I never tried 50Mhz, but I believe it would do much better in distance. Especially if the RC craft could carry my Heathkit 2,000 watt linear!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik