Anyone use this product? TrackR

From what I saw in the video, not a good idea to use with the phantom.
As I understand it, the tracker relies on other trackers to notify you if the item is lost.
So you lose your bird in the forest where nobody's been for ages and ya think the tracker is gonna tell you anything?
I doubt it.
What you really need is the IOSD data link. This will give you exact coordinates where the bird is at all times.
Should you crash in the middle of the forest, or in a huge desert, use the coordinates to locate your bird easily.

Suwaneeguy said:
What you really need is the IOSD data link.

I need to figure all that kind of stuff out.
I would love to set up FPV, but no funds are available.

Thank you for your comments.

Bluetooth works on 2,45ghz which is too close to 2.4ghz, which is the GHZ of the Phantom v1 and Phantom 2.

I bought https://www.sticknfind.com/ Stick'n'Find to help me find my Phantom if it gets lost, but found out that I cant use it on my Phantom because Bluetooth/WiFi devices can be used only with Phantom 2 Vision(+) and FC40.

Although Stick'n'Find is lot better than TheTile as it has replaceable battery etc. I'm using SNF on my wallet and on my keys now.

neveradayoff said:
Do you think this would work with the P2 or would it interfere with the GPS?
http://www.thetrackr.com/?ref=UNfjB
Regardless I think I want to get one.
I still like this the best.
http://www.pettracker.com/
This works great for me. I also take it on my dirt bike and quad so my wife can have peace of mind if I go out alone. I have a Polaris Razor, and when I go out with it, If I go hiking away from it, I strap it it to the Razor so if someone trys to steal it, I can easily track it.

Tagg, Pet Tracker.
No GPS Interference that I've noticed in 5 months.

Attachments

• 2014-03-08 001 002.jpg
    2014-03-08 001 002.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 547
len750 said:
Tagg, Pet Tracker.

Is the tag mounted on top of your Phantom? Did you cut the collar portion off? I spoke with the Tagg techs and they said not to cut the collar portion off because that's the antenna?

U.M.

Hey Uncle,
Tagg is mounted on top, you can see it in the picture. At that time is was mounted upside down with the antennas curve side up. I've since mounted it right side up with the curved antennas down. And yes, don't cut off those plastic antennas. No need to anyway if saving weight is your concern. I also use Tagg when mountain biking, riding my dirt bike,hiking and other activities I may do alone. It makes my wife freak out much less if she knows she can track me if something were to go wrong. At 8 bucks a month...priceless!

len750 said:
Hey Uncle,
Tagg is mounted on top, you can see it in the picture. At that time is was mounted upside down with the antennas curve side up. I've since mounted it right side up with the curved antennas down. And yes, don't cut off those plastic antennas. No need to anyway if saving weight is your concern. I also use Tagg when mountain biking, riding my dirt bike,hiking and other activities I may do alone. It makes my wife freak out much less if she knows she can track me if something were to go wrong. At 8 bucks a month...priceless!

Just received this.

Phantom's Tracker Battery Level is Low at 1:03pm MDT on Apr 23, 2014

Please charge Phantom's tracker soon.

The tracker battery should be sufficiently charged at all times – just in case you need to Track or Locate Phantom. Please place it on the docking station until the status indicator light turns Blue and you get a "fully charged" notification. Thanks!

Sincerely,
The Tagg Team

This Tagg Alert was also sent to:
Len

Questions? Visit Tagg Support.
To customize how you receive notifications, please go to Notification Settings.

I have one I bought from radio shack...doesnt work well..sometimes doesn't beep...software needs to be real close to find object. look elsewhere.

len750 said:
Tagg, Pet Tracker.

Looks like you've mounted that right over your Phantom's GPS antenna. I'm not an expert, but I would think that would partially block reception for your phantoms system. I mounted my Tagg on one of the legs using the collar attachment.

IMG_1104_zps977e57c1.jpg

IMG_1103_zps99c508e7.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj