Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Anyone use ProDrenaline for fisheye removal and more?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by boncroz, Nov 21, 2014.

1. boncroz

I'm thinking about buying ProDrenaline to correct fisheye and other options with my V2+ videos. Does anyone use this product? I'm looking for some suggestions. This seems to do a good job with fisheye, denoise, and other stabilization. The demo only gives you 10 seconds so it's hard to tell if it is worth buying.

2. Jetfixer

I've tried it, but I feel that using the narrow angle setting works about as well for reducing the fisheye. The Prodrenaline and their other product DeFisher for stills zoom in a lot to help make the corrections. For correcting the stills, you can't beat Photoshop, it even has a built-in setting for the DJI cameras.

3. guydsmith

As a professional video producer, I routinely use Prodrenalin for all my P2V+ footage with good results. The most recent version has presets for the the P2V+ lens in both wide and narrow settings. Here's a link to a side-by-side (raw v. corrected) comparison I did using Prodrenalin ( https://vimeo.com/106017070 ) It definitely lessens the fisheye effect. I've not used it to denoise anything, but I did use it to do some basic footage grading. I also use Prodrenalin on GoPro footage with good results.

I shot a good sized gas processing facility recently and it helped considerably with curved lines on the horizon and in the piping of the facility itself ( https://vimeo.com/106899008 ).

4. mads.isaksen.71

Where do you buy those filters, made for Dji?

5. nhoover

I use it all the time - all except the noise filter. Works quite well.

6. boncroz

Thanks for the info and the video. What settings do you use to save the video out? When I save, the video seems jerky on playback.

7. srchadwi

My version doesn't have the profile for DJI. Is there any way of getting it?

8. RCF - DRONE

I've been using it for a while now, it does a nice job.... I had a hard time finding the DJI vision profile myself (hours online searching) I will check my files tomorrow and followup... If I can find a way to post it for download.... I will attach a link to this post.

9. PhilAnderson

Living In The Woods Of Beautiful Bonney Lake, WA
    This page on the ProDrenaline site says the DJI Vision profile is included.

http://www.prodrenalin.com/prodrenalin/

10. CyberCitizen

I Use ProDRENALIN And Find It Works Great For Videos, For Photos I Still Use The Lens Profile In Photoshop, However For Videos I Found ProDRENALIN Works Great.

ReSpeedr Is Another One Of Their Apps And It Works Great. I Have Both.

Depending On What Version Of ProDRENALIN You Have You Might Not Have The Profile, Install The Latest Version. If Your Using A Cracked Version, Install The Trial Then Install Your Old Version Over The Top, This Will Allow You To Keep The Newer Profiles. Not That I Condone Using Cracked Software, I Know Some People Do, Just Providing Info.

The Programs I Suggest Are ProDRENALIN, Dashware & Vision+ Utility Pro. The Last 2 Are Useful For Flight Logger Information And You Can Put That Log Into Dashware For Overlaying Flight Data On Your Videos.